Contribute
Register

USB 3 Ports Don't Work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh... Yes, I was using the limit patch for 100 series motherboards. As for it being a mistake, No, thats what it says it is for in Multibeast. "You were probably using the port limit patch" was sufficient, even helpful. "(which is a mistake)" is a mistake. You have great Mac skills. You don't need to offset them by being a source of irritation.

Correct USB configuration:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

As per text in the guide above, using the port limit patch long term is a huge mistake.

macs_forever, with all due respect, I don't think RehabMan was trying to be irritating. From reading his thread, he says that the port limit patch will work to get you going, but does share his concerns at using all the ports available since it will cause array runovers in the kernel. He suggests that on our motherboards we should pare down the usable ports to 15 with an SSDT. I did take the time to read the whole thread and your are right, he does have great Mac skills! ;0)

GH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back