Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey all you guru's!

I've upgraded my Hackintosh (Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5-TH) to High Sierra. I upgraded on an SSD, and on second try it worked perfectly (forgot to disable Nvidia Web driver on update).

Any way all is working well except the system no longer recognizes any USB3 storage. Weird I have 3 different USB 3 disks and it won't recognize any of them. I know the ports are ok cause they work with other stuff (audio card, etc). USB 3 shows up in my system info with one device attached to USB 3 and a number of USB 2 devices.

These disks worked perfectly on Sierra (have the USB fix 15->20 something). Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!
thanks, GH

Bump, anyone having USB3 issues with High Sierra?

My KVM and speakers work but external m.2 does not. Thrilled to finally have my Samsung Pro 960 1TB finally working though. Will work out the rest in the coming days (I hope)

macs_forever, are those both USB 2 devices plugged into USB 3 ports? That does work on my system. But nothing USB 3 works yet. hmmm...

Thank you RehabMan, I will read through that thread and hopefully fix my USB3 issue. It's odd though since I didn't do anything special for Sierra, all the ports (and USB3) worked from the Clover install.

Thanks again.

You were probably using the port limit patch (which is a mistake).

You were probably using the port limit patch (which is a mistake).
Uh... Yes, I was using the limit patch for 100 series motherboards. As for it being a mistake, No, thats what it says it is for in Multibeast. "You were probably using the port limit patch" was sufficient, even helpful. "(which is a mistake)" is a mistake. You have great Mac skills. You don't need to offset them by being a source of irritation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back