Motherboard
GA-Z170X-Ultra Gaming
CPU
4.0 GHz Intel Core i7 Skylake
Graphics
Onboard Intel Graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
I have a GIGABYTE GA-Z270X-Ultra Gaming motherboard with a 4.0 GHz Skylake processor and 16Gbs of Ram running El Capitan. Everything works great (Including the Thunderbolt port through USB-C and the built-in audio card), however, when I plug in my 7200 rpm USB 3 G-Drive ev I am only able to read data from it. When I try transferring a big file into it, the transfer freezes at either 0 or a few MB forcing me to pull the HD out. Any other drive works perfectly in my system despite the USB version and USB port.

I've tried formatting the hard drive, installing the GenericUSB controller, booting from USB flash drive and increasing the max port limit, however, nothing helped. I also tried using other USB ports and a USB hub, but that didn't make any difference. At first I thought it was the Hard Drive itself, however, it works great on any other computer.

Any clue on how to fix this issue?

Does anyone know if creating a custom SSDT solve my problem? It sounds to me like it's unrelated, but I'm a little desperate here...:banghead:

Haven't found a solution yet :thumbdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back