Contribute
Register

Usb 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah ...no. You have 64MB/s write and 106MB/s read. That´s both above the theoretical maximum and well above the expected practical maximum for USB 2.0 speed. So then you are already into 3.0 but your devices might not be capable of more than you have. They are just theoretical figures and quite a lot of hardware on the market is far (far!) from beeing able to use it. And there are quite a lot of additional bumps that might throttle USB data between devices.

Or do you achieve always the same values both on 2.0 and 3.0 connectors? That would be very strange ... :eek:

USB 3.0 is faster lol I just doubled checked and when I plug device into usb 2.0 its 1/3 slower than USB 3.0

=D

THX A TON it worked. Finally I can use my new 3.0 ext HDD :D

Hey, Im back again to ask for info lol. . .

Everytime I want to use my usb 3.0 I have to keep installing them using kextbeast

Is this happening to you as well or just me lol?

Hey, Im back again to ask for info lol. . .

Everytime I want to use my usb 3.0 I have to keep installing them using kextbeast

Is this happening to you as well or just me lol?

Just you ;)

But seriously: You have to install those kexts again - reboot - and you're able to use USB 3.0 - next reboot - USB 3.0 is gone?
That doesn't even sound right. I cannot imagine any reason why it should be possible to behave like that.
On the other hand forum members like TheLostSwede do not recommend to use those DP3 kexts, so maybe going back towards the current ML kexts and using the new MultiBeast USB option might be a better solution.
But don't nail me on that, I haven't tried and my system doesn't have your described problem.

USB 3.0 seems to continue being a mine field for some :crazy:

My thought is that you did not rebuild the kernel cache and that is why whenever you reboot the old kernel cache with the old kexts are loaded. Just download Kext Utility and run it and it will rebuild the kernel cache with the DP3 kexts.

kextbeast only install kexts and I'm not sure whether it will rebuild the cache after kext installation but better use kext utility to do so. You can also do it manually via terminal command (just do a google search on it).

Thanks a ton! You just saved me from spending $80 which I was not wanting to part with. (was going to buy a PCI-E RocketU highpoint USB 3.0 controller card)

Bit of a newb too, so your kext replacement tutorial was a major time saver. USB 3.0 hardware is finally working after a year of holding out for a working solution. I'm currently transferring 40GB at blazing speeds that kicks USB2.0 in the arse! Very niiiiiice.

Wish my usb 3.0 card reader would work though - it still isn't detected. At least the external 3TB drive is working. Can't win 'em all....?

-------
NOTE: I'm very happy to have stumbled on this helpful little thread as searching the forums with the keyword "USB" will yield NO RESULTS. Booooooo!
-------
EDIT: my external harddrive just ejected itself during my 40GB file transfer. Didn't see that coming... Looks a little buggy!

My thought is that you did not rebuild the kernel cache and that is why whenever you reboot the old kernel cache with the old kexts are loaded. Just download Kext Utility and run it and it will rebuild the kernel cache with the DP3 kexts.

Thanks for the info it now works everytime =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back