gforce GTX 650
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello Everyone.

I screwed things up a little and am having trouble fixing it. I purchased a new case and installed everything in it, rebooted worked great except usb 3.0 was not working. So I reviewed a few posts went in and made a change to MB to add 3.0 support with out really doing too much research. I added the CalDigit line to the system and after this, I can not get the system to reboot.

I have tried all the different modes to boot and nothing is working. I tried -s to edit no keyboard. I can get the system to boot till it gets to a gret screen with the cursor in the top right under a normal boot but thats it.

My question is I know that MB added the following two ktext entries and if I remove them I would assume that she should boot back up again. But I can't seem to figure out how to di this from the boot screen. The two KT it added were CalDigitFastIO.ktext and CalDigitUSBxHCI.ktest

How can I remove these to get my machine back up and running again.

if it helps I am running Z77-Ds3h, i5 3570, but this is more of a edit problem than hardware, and my stupid mistake

Thanks for your help.

Can you put it in an external housing? then edit it from another machine?

Thats what I had to do.

what exactly do you mean?
I can run the same machine in windows, so could I get into the SLE and remove these two items that way. I am attempting now to get in there with windows. am I on the right track

Thanks
Keith

or do you mean mount it on another mac externally and see if you can edit it through the other mac? I can't see the drive in windows to do anything

Thanks

Yeah I mounted it in another mac, found the kexts deleted them and all worked.

You could try booting with

-v -f

This did not work I get the same result. I am at the point of frustration that I may do a fresh install, I am so frustrated.

Another option, try booting up with UniBeast drive, select your Mountain Lion Drive, add -x. See if that will get you into the OS to delete those Kexts.

Another option, try booting up with UniBeast drive, select your Mountain Lion Drive, add -x. See if that will get you into the OS to delete those Kexts.

I am trying that now, I get the same thing. it did not work. The question is how can I remove the ktext's from the chimera screen or some other way. I can go in under restore in the disk utility and see them there. But I can't edit them. Is there a way to do this some other way. I think that will fix my problem.

I am so close but so far away

I am trying that now, I get the same thing. it did not work. The question is how can I remove the ktext's from the chimera screen or some other way. I can go in under restore in the disk utility and see them there. But I can't edit them. Is there a way to do this some other way. I think that will fix my problem.

I am so close but so far away

I know that you can go into the installer where you reach the utilities option and remove the kexts using terminal.

I am unsure of the terminal code to use but google is your friend here.tonymacx86 Forum • View topic - How to remove .kext files when you ... this as an example but there are lots out there. Use at your own risk.

EDIT: here is another link Deleting .kext files from terminal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back