Contribute
Register

USB 3.0 PCIe Cards that work OOB in El Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inatek KT-4006 (FL1100) not working in my series 6 MB.
Must be something else going on.:cry:

Inateck 4006 not working in my GA_Z77X-UP5 TH

Does the card show up at all in System Information? If it is, can you post a screen shot of what driver is loaded? You should see AppleUSBXHCIFL1100.

Also, keep in mind DO NOT have GenericUSBXHCI installed. GenericUSBXHCI no longer works as of El Cap and this card will use the Native driver.

Does the card show up at all in System Information? If it is, can you post a screen shot of what driver is loaded? You should see AppleUSBXHCIFL1100.

Also, keep in mind DO NOT have GenericUSBXHCI installed. GenericUSBXHCI no longer works as of El Cap and this card will use the Native driver.

Does not show up in System Information. Will check on GenericUSBXHCI and repot back later.
Thank you.

Does not show up in System Information. Will check on GenericUSBXHCI and repot back later.
Thank you.
GenericUSBXHCI is not present in S/L/E or in EFI partition.:|

GenericUSBXHCI is not present in S/L/E or in EFI partition.:|

I would consider myself nowhere near an expert on the subject, but perhaps you could check a few more things. Let me apologize ahead of time, as some suggestions might be elementary:

Make sure the card is properly seated in the PCIe slot. There should be a Green LED lit when on.

Do other cards work in that same slot?

Make sure the slot hasn't been Disabled in BIOS.

Is there any chance that slot has been tinkered with by way of a DSDT?

Perhaps, check IORegistryExplorer to make sure that PCIe slot is recognized by the computer.

I would think there must be a reason for the card to not show up. Be sure to rule out the motherboard settings or slot as a problem.

I would consider myself nowhere near an expert on the subject, but perhaps you could check a few more things. Let me apologize ahead of time, as some suggestions might be elementary:

Make sure the card is properly seated in the PCIe slot. There should be a Green LED lit when on.

Perhaps, check IORegistryExplorer to make sure that PCIe slot is recognized by the computer.

I would think there must be a reason for the card to not show up. Be sure to rule out the motherboard settings or slot as a problem.

Thanks for the suggestions.I'll check and double check when I get home tonight.
Gotta be something......:)

Green light is on. Does not show up in system Information.
I booted with F4 and attached my DSDT from EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin. I must need a DSDT patch or something.
Really don't understand how to do that yet.:rolleyes:
And attached IOReg

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    13.3 KB · Views: 134
  • Ocean223IOREG.ioreg
    3.6 MB · Views: 134
Green light is on. Does not show up in system Information.
I booted with F4 and attached my DSDT from EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin. I must need a DSDT patch or something.
Really don't understand how to do that yet.:rolleyes:
And attached IOReg

I'll check the IOReg out when I get a chance. What model motherboard and what slot number is the card in?

I'll check the IOReg out when I get a chance. What model motherboard and what slot number is the card in?
It's Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3 Rev.1.1
Card is in PCIEX1_3 slot.
Thanks for the help!
:clap:

It's Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3-B3 Rev.1.1
Card is in PCIEX1_3 slot.
Thanks for the help!
:clap:

I think I'm making some sense of your problem but it might not be enough to be very helpful.

My system shows PCIe slots labeled as P0P and NPE in my IOReg as well as my DSDT if I extract it. But not all P0P labels show up in IOReg.

Your IOReg shows PEG and RP0 labels, but not as many as the DSDT you provided. Some RP0 labels are for some of the Built In hardwire like the LAN so those don't necessarily reference slots. PEG0 is your video card so the PEG labels could be PCIe slots. There are a bunch of what look like PCIe related devices that show in your DSDT but not your IOReg, but the same can be said for my system but everything works as far as I know.

I don't know if you can infer enough from looking at his to say if OS X is recognizing and able to use that slot or not, but I would like to know if you can put a different card in that slot and if it will be recognized and work. If it does work, you can look in IOReg and find the device in that slot, which will tell you what label that slot has. Does your wireless card work if you move it to that slot?

I think I'm making some sense of your problem but it might not be enough to be very helpful.

My system shows PCIe slots labeled as P0P and NPE in my IOReg as well as my DSDT if I extract it. But not all P0P labels show up in IOReg.

Your IOReg shows PEG and RP0 labels, but not as many as the DSDT you provided. Some RP0 labels are for some of the Built In hardwire like the LAN so those don't necessarily reference slots. PEG0 is your video card so the PEG labels could be PCIe slots. There are a bunch of what look like PCIe related devices that show in your DSDT but not your IOReg, but the same can be said for my system but everything works as far as I know.

I don't know if you can infer enough from looking at his to say if OS X is recognizing and able to use that slot or not, but I would like to know if you can put a different card in that slot and if it will be recognized and work. If it does work, you can look in IOReg and find the device in that slot, which will tell you what label that slot has. Does your wireless card work if you move it to that slot?

Will try that!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back