Contribute
Register

USB 3.0 Freeze in Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get to

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app --no interaction
And I get command not found.

Any ideas?

1. make a USB-Clover stick and boot your Installation from there.

if this works:

2. Install Clover to EFI /ESP

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

no new Installation needed.

To be exact

$ sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app --no interaction
sudo: /Applications/Install OS X Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia: command not found

You should install Clover to the EFI-Partition in the EFI folder, look here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

It may even work to copy the USB:EFI(Partition):/EFI/.. folder to
SSD:EFI(partition):/

Then you have to boot directly to Clover. there you choose your installation.

You still could! boot Chimera, but you should! boot Clover :)
I am a total noob at this. I just put together my first Hackintosh using a Gigabyte GA-Z97N-Wifi board. Not done yet. Waiting on my Apple wifi/bluetooth card to fix my missing Wifi and bluetooth. But I too am freezing up when plugging in a external drive or USB thumb drive. I have to restart with the drives plugged in to work off of them.

What is Clover? Is it like Unibeast or Multibeast? Do I have to wipe my drive and install all over again? Will it fix this problem? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks for helping out!

Nevermind, I guess I need to redownload Yosemite.

I get to

sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite.app --no interaction
And I get command not found.

Any ideas?

'--no interaction' should be '--nointeraction'

Remove the space.

:thumbup:

Actually it went through ok with the space, not sure if it works either way.. but it is "no interaction" on the guide.

Now I'm wondering what options to use to put Clover on the USB.

Thanks,

Just wanted to leave a quick update. I never did get Clover installed, but I happened to install an extra SATA drive and for whatever reason that seems to have resolved the issue. I've been using my computer and USB drives throught the week extensively with no issues.

Is anyone still active on this thread.

I am having freezing issues again ever since installing my USB printer. I'm wondering whether it's a power management issue as adding another device brought the issue back.

I never did get to try the Clover USB stick method. I got stuck on knowing which items to select when installing clover to USB.

Any help?

Thanks

I've started experiencing a similar issue. I picked up a pair of 5Tb Seagate external USB3 drives to use as an off-site backup. I can transfer around 40Gb before it stops responding and I have to unplug and re-plug the drive. (The system itself does not crash) This happens with both drives. I don't often copy this volume of data. Mostly I've just copied movies and other smaller items to a USB stick or something and USB3 has always worked fine otherwise.

System Specs:
Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4
Intel i7 4930k
Mac OS 10.10.3 with clover

From what I can tell it uses a pair of Fresco FL1009 USB3 chips.

I tried the drives in my Macbook Pro Retina and it worked flawlessly at USB3 for a terabyte, no issues.
If I connect it to the USB2 port, it works fine as well, but is pretty slow (Currently at 600Gb in 6 hours :p)
i'm pretty sure I've been able to copy 3Tb or so of data on this computer before when I was on Mavericks and it worked ok (I think, but that was with a Western Digital external. My plan is to try that once this is done copying)

I'm not opposed to getting a PCIe USB3 card if I knew that would make USB3 work properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back