RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I created a separate partition cloning my Yosemite install and did a direct update to El Capitan GM candidate booting through Clover Legacy BIOS install using a DSDT). The problem is that when it boots the USB mouse and keyboard are not working and I believe that none of the USB ports are working. I tried various USB fixes such as dummy kexts and changing the SMBIOS that I use normally (IMac 11,3) to others (Macpro 6.1, IMac 12.x, IMac 14.1) and no success. The only fix that I haven't tried is Rehabman since I believe it is oriented to UEFI capable mobos. The kexts that I upload in Clover kext folder are fakesmc, Ethernet kext, voodoops2, 3rdpartyesata and generic Rehabman USB 3.0 kext since I have a PCIe USB 3.0 expansion card. Could anyone help me to sort this out?

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I created a separate partition cloning my Yosemite install and did a direct update to El Capitan GM candidate booting through Clover Legacy BIOS install using a DSDT). The problem is that when it boots the USB mouse and keyboard are not working and I believe that none of the USB ports are working. I tried various USB fixes such as dummy kexts and changing the SMBIOS that I use normally (IMac 11,3) to others (Macpro 6.1, IMac 12.x, IMac 14.1) and no success. The only fix that I haven't tried is Rehabman since I believe it is oriented to UEFI capable mobos. The kexts that I upload in Clover kext folder are fakesmc, Ethernet kext, voodoops2, 3rdpartyesata and generic Rehabman USB 3.0 kext since I have a PCIe USB 3.0 expansion card. Could anyone help me to sort this out?

GenericUSBXHCI.kext does not work on 10.11.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks a lot for the quick reply. Besides removing this kext from the clover kext folder, what else should I do? I noticed in the verbose that the appleusbhostcontroller is failing (another guy reported something similar in a thread).

No idea without seeing actual log lines and ioreg.

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Vague descriptions not useful.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Thanks a lot For replying. Where i find the logs that you need to see?

Logs are written to system.log, viewable in Console.app. Boot starts at BOOT_TIME.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
If I'm accesing the Capitan partition booting in a Yosemite partition, can I make a search for these logs? Remember that neither the mouse not the Keyboard are working in Capitan.

How did you install with no working keyboard/mouse?

You can access it from Yosemite...

/Volumes/name-you-gave-to-your-10.11-volume/var/log/system.log.

Motherboard
GA-Z97-HD3
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I installed through direct upgrade in the cloned yosemite partieron after downloading the Capital GM candidate installer app. THroughout the upgrade process, i never had to use the mouse or keyboard, but I noticed that even when it was installing Capitan, the mouse point couldn't be moved.

I have the same question regarding making a copy of the ioreg for the Capitan installation. Is there a specific ioreg file that I can search for in the Capitan partition being accessed through Yosemite?

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I installed through direct upgrade in the cloned yosemite partieron after downloading the Capital GM candidate installer app. THroughout the upgrade process, i never had to use the mouse or keyboard, but I noticed that even when it was installing Capitan, the mouse point couldn't be moved.

I have the same question regarding making a copy of the ioreg for the Capitan installation. Is there a specific ioreg file that I can search for in the Capitan partition being accessed through Yosemite?

I don't see how you're going to create an ioreg for the 10.11 without a working keyboard/mouse.

Capturing ioreg involves running IORegistryExplorer and doing a File->Save.

Is this first time using Clover?

Did you try setting config.plist/Devices/USB/FixOwnership?

One possible idea/strategy (for accessing 10.11 to gather ioreg):
- enable screen sharing in Yosemite (verify it works from another computer on your LAN)
- clone your Yosemite partition
- upgrade it to 10.11
- access it via remote desktop via another computer on the network