CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok. I hope that later on a solution will appear.

I'm planning to replace my hardware with compatible hardware.

I do have on more question for you: I have not been able to set up the buil-in sound in my hackintosh neither in Yosemite nor El Capitan. According to the mobo specifications, it is supposed to be based on Realtek ALC 888B. Whew I look at the system report it says that the audio ID is 887. I checked in Windows and it says the same thing. I plug in speakers but they are not recognized in Mac OS. To overcome the sound issue, I installed a Sabrent USB sound device, but sometimes apps like GarageBand don't like it and after a while the sound stops being heard. What fix would you recommend to try?

Audio is off-topic for this thread (which is for USB).

Motherboard
GA-Z97-HD3
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I just installed a USB 3.0 PCIe card with a ASM1042a controller that works natively in Yosemite but in 10.11 is causing a booting error and reboot when I connect the external devices to the ports prior to turning on the PC. However, the devices (external HDs) are recognized and seem to work if I connect them after the initial booting stages. Does any of you have an idea about the fix that I should apply? My USB 2.0 built-in ports work well after DSDT patch to rename EHC1 and EHC2 and the SSDT patch that Rehabman suggest in his github project.

Motherboard
Gigabyte P55M-UD2
CPU
i5-750
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 2048 MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have the nearly the same build as you except my MB is revision v1.1. I was using a Mediasonic HP1-SU3 USB3.0 card with my system in Mavericks until I decided to do a fresh install of El Capitan on separate hd. Worked fine with Mavericks but with no support in El Capitan I abandoned it and bought an Inateck KT4006 USB 3.0 card (plug & play OOB) since the controller is supported by OSX. Works flawless and without the hassle of troubleshooting anything. Good luck!!

I just installed a USB 3.0 PCIe card with a ASM1042a controller that works natively in Yosemite but in 10.11 is causing a booting error and reboot when I connect the external devices to the ports prior to turning on the PC. However, the devices (external HDs) are recognized and seem to work if I connect them after the initial booting stages. Does any of you have an idea about the fix that I should apply? My USB 2.0 built-in ports work well after DSDT patch to rename EHC1 and EHC2 and the SSDT patch that Rehabman suggest in his github project.

Motherboard
ASUS sabertooth z97 mark 2
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I used config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches to do the rename in my BRIX repo. Refer to the config.plist there: https://github.com/RehabMan/Gigabyte-BRIX-s-DSDT-Patch

I'll eventually write a guide... but it is not easy to explain to the person not familiar with things...

Thanks RehabMan, this patch solved a very urgent problem updating to El Capitan, in my legacy GA-P55M-UD2, thank you very much, worked perfectly.

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD3R
CPU
i7-920
Graphics
GTX 285 1024 MB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Stayed up til 6AM fighting with this installation - hit every problem in the book (no boot unless from USB, nvidia web drivers would not load (it would switch back to built in), USB would only work if I had devices in the hub, no sound...).

Today I created another USB drive and mouse/keyboard never died while installation started. We'll see how many different problems I have today. I do see I had a shutdown halfway through installation (just like last night) where some process makes PC reboot.

Audio is off-topic for this thread (which is for USB).

I was reffered to this thread in order to make USB to work and install High Sierra.
This is my first time using Clover. I also just got this PC form a friend (I am running Yosemite on my i7-920) So many unknowns. Life got in the way so I never got change to update my primary PC which explains why I haven't worked with Clover before.

I added these two patches to my config.plist but the mouse light goes dead as soon as I start booting High Sierra. With no mouse/keyboard - no installation.
I notice I lose mouse in the beginning after start read kernelcache is displayed for a bit.

Configuration in my signature is my primary desktop.
Im trying to setup hackintosh configuration on:
I7-870
P55M-UD2
GTX-760

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited: