Contribute
Register

Upgrading to Monterey from Big Sur (11.6.1) it has been impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI
CPU
i3-9100
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Like the post title said I have try to upgrade my hackintosh from Big Sur to Monterey to no avail. I did not want to make a post about this because I thought that I could find the solution to the problem here or some other forum. But after months nothing I have not found a solution.

I have Opencore 0.7.5
all kext updated.
SMBIOS MacPro 7,1 (Using it for the Safari and streaming services)

• Originally tried to update from system preferences like so many did, but after the update restart, it restarted into Big Sur. If I try it to pick it manually from Opencore picker it just freeze in some point of the verbose screen. That took me to the dortania troubleshooting guide, this specific part: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore...rnel-issues.html#stuck-on-eb-log-exitbs-start ,I tried everything (except the MmioWhitelist part) but again to no avail.
  • I tried others possible solutions, like messing with some Quirks in the config file but nothing changed.
  • Tried to change back the SMBIOS to iMac19,2 (I read in some forum that maybe iMac 16,2 could help but no tested yet)
  • I tried a fresh install from a USB, but again it just hangs some 10 seconds after the verbose screen begins to show code.
  • Now with Monterey 12.1 I downloaded the installer again from system preferences but the installer just hangs around the "5 minutes remaining" mark and freezes all the system, the only way to solve this is by pressing the reset button.
So obviously I don't know what is happening anymore. Any help is much appreciated.

HI..Please upload your efi with USB mapping file. THX

I will Check it later. Watching Movie at Moment

Sorry for waiting. I just stand up from bed now. Yesterday I was too tired. I make me a coffee and do a update with little bit other settings for you. Upload will follow in the next 2 hours

Attachments

• OpenCore-0.7.7 EFI.zip
    14.8 MB · Views: 81
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back