Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Upgrading to Catalina, lost my wifi any suggestions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z97-G55
CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
R9 290
Mac
  1. MacBook
Hi ,so my first hackintosh was with Mojave, when my Macbook pro retina late 2012 finally gave out, i took out the wifi/bluetooth chip bought the adaptor and installed it into my motherboard.
Both Wifi and bluetooth working right away no kexts or anything else needed since it is a authentic native chip.
I upgraded to Catalina everything working except my WIFI. Bluetooth is working fine.
When i go to System report this is what i see.
Post image
Post image

Upgrading to Catalina, lost my wifi any suggestions ?

I have a BCM94331 and i have same problem. Here is my solution:
1. install Lilu(skip if you already installed) and AirportBRCMfixup
2. open your config with clover configurator: Under ACPI > enable fix airport
under Devices > wifi > put this in: 0x436014E4
3. save and restart

screenshots below

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 4.38.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 4.38.45 PM.png
    233.3 KB · Views: 2,589
  • Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 4.38.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 4.38.36 PM.png
    192.7 KB · Views: 2,614
  • Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 4.39.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 4.39.09 PM.png
    209.6 KB · Views: 2,363
screenshot
Thanks for the reply.
I followed your steps and the boot got stuck had to revert back to my regular config file
C815DF51-F20F-4266-B4E1-2D9E08179450.jpeg

Are you using latest version of Lilu? If not, update all kext too latest version, because old version is not supported on catalina, I see many kext loading problem with alc and weg, and you should remove nullcpu kext too

Are you using latest version of Lilu? If not, update all kext too latest version, because old version is not supported on catalina, I see many kext loading problem with alc and weg, and you should remove nullcpu kext too
Yes i downloaded LILu 1.3.8 whateerGreen 1.3.2, fakesmc 1800, airportbrcmfixup 2.0.3, these are the only kexts im using right now, i screen shotted my acpi and devices

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 5.57.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 5.57.25 PM.png
    475.8 KB · Views: 868
  • Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 5.57.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 5.57.46 PM.png
    379.8 KB · Views: 814
Hi ,so my first hackintosh was with Mojave, when my Macbook pro retina late 2012 finally gave out, i took out the wifi/bluetooth chip bought the adaptor and installed it into my motherboard.
Both Wifi and bluetooth working right away no kexts or anything else needed since it is a authentic native chip.
I upgraded to Catalina everything working except my WIFI. Bluetooth is working fine.
When i go to System report this is what i see.
Post image
Post image

Upgrading to Catalina, lost my wifi any suggestions ?
I had your same problem after going crazy for 2 days I solved by reinstalling clover
test
Hello

under Devices > wifi > put this in: 0x436014E4
3. save and restart

screenshots below
I have the exact same chip, can't get my wifi going at all. I have Lilu and AirportBRCMfixup installed under other, all my settings are identical to yours and I can't get it to work. Any recommendations?

I have the exact same chip, can't get my wifi going at all. I have Lilu and AirportBRCMfixup installed under other, all my settings are identical to yours and I can't get it to work. Any recommendations?
Hi, so the way i originally solved it was i removed any kext for wifi including brcmfixup. That initially didnt work but when i reinstalled catalina without those kexts i got wifi working straight away during the setup the wifi icon appeared.

Hi, so the way i originally solved it was i removed any kext for wifi including brcmfixup. That initially didnt work but when i reinstalled catalina without those kexts i got wifi working straight away during the setup the wifi icon appeared.
So when I remove these kexts should I remove lilu as well? Should Fix Airport be selected in ACPI? Should I have 0x436014E4 written under wifi in devices?

I have to update to osx 15.1.2 so im assuming maybe if I have the right set up in my config.plist maybe it will just magically start working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back