Contribute
Register

Upgrading to 10.8.3 - P8P67 Deluxe - Need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus p8p67 > Need full model name > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 6870
Hi guys,

so i've been out of the loop for a while. excuse me for probably repeating something that has been asked before.

bear with me! :beachball:

I have a 10.8.2 upgrade running fairly well, and i just want to get rid of the "update available" dialog, haha. (and also upgrade to 10.8.3 for obvious reasons). But I never got the ASUS DSDT.aml working properly. I can tell I only have two P-states working, and my HD6870 Radeon is not really detected 100% by my installation. When I go to a website that has a simple javascript animation, I can hear my computer go from P-state 16 to like P-state 32 just by the fan speed. And if I use the activity monitor or console, I can see that it only has two states.

I have flashed the modified Bios, and I have the DSDT from the repository here, but on 10.8.3, is it going to cause any issues?

Essentially, what I'm asking is ... on 10.8.3, what is the proper Bios and DSDT.aml to run to get my speedstep, p-states, and radeon card working as it should.

I've read a lot of the back-tracking posts and they are not really leading me anywhere. They're leading me back to the same threads I read when I upgraded to 10.7, and I still haven't gotten it running. I've tried making my own DSDT.aml, but seeing as I'm loading a DSDT to get into OSX, that doesn't quite work out well for me.

I do not have the native bios. I have the modded version that gives me the the same properties as the native UEFI. no sleep enabler, speed stepping and other crap.
Search Bios repositories and you should find it. Samisnake (I think) is the guy maintaining it.

For me, it was just to update with the combo and before restart, apply the without DSDT alc 899...and it rebootet without any problem...cuda works now ^^

so you are not making use of speedstep?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back