Contribute
Register

Upgrading Laptop screen to 1080p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up the HP ProBook 4530s (LJ520UT) and performed the screen upgrade over the weekend.

I'm now enjoying a 1080p Matte finish screen and using 10.7.3

Thanks for all the valuable information!

I have my probook 4530s completely put together with the new screen and all. I have no idea how to patch a dsdt. can somebody guide me on how to make it so when i boot into lion i don't get the black screen? my bios is f09 and i have the dsdt for it, but have no idea how to patch it.

guru1206 said:
I have my probook 4530s completely put together with the new screen and all. I have no idea how to patch a dsdt. can somebody guide me on how to make it so when i boot into lion i don't get the black screen? my bios is f09 and i have the dsdt for it, but have no idea how to patch it.
I posted instructions here
viewtopic.php?p=338059#p338059

If any problems, post your existing /Extra/dsdt.aml here.

thank you so much bigdonkey! this display looks gorgeous

blueking said:
Patching... Done.

This folder has F20 and F0a for hd 3000 only, dual link patch added.

Blueking, can you enlighten a little more what was patched as I want to manually mod my DSDT with the editor as I already have some mods in it (fan project).
Pls?

Anyone have any tips for the 4430s? I can't seem to find any of the screens in stock.

Has anyone noticed any battery difference after the upgrade?

Thanks,

B

The bigger resolution need more power. So the consumption will be increased.
I think at mine was 30' less with the new screen (if I remember correct cause now I have replaced my battery with a 9 cells one.)

nikstar said:
The bigger resolution need more power. So the consumption will be increased.
I think at mine was 30' less with the new screen (if I remember correct cause now I have replaced my battery with a 9 cells one.)

what is you mileage with the 9cell?

Thanks to everybody who made the upgrade possible, although there is a real need for a good comprehensive guide... As the cable needed to be replaced in my case I had to take the whole thing apart anyway, and what looks so easy on HP's videos in reality is sometimes a leap of faith (read: pull so hard you think it brakes but then it doesn't and comes loose and for some reason someone though double stick tape of military grade was needed between the keyboard and the laptop.... ARF! ).

I got the V4 matte screen and... well... DarfWeder really should not say this... but ...

OMG this is soooo beautiful.... and the price is unbelievable.

Thank you everyone who made this possible.

OMG OMG LOOK AT IT!!! WOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back