Contribute
Register

Upgrading Laptop screen to 1080p

Status
Not open for further replies.
xequtor said:
glengoyne17 said:
Thanks. I saw all the videos you guys used but still I see some broke the hinges or have them incorrectly now. That is the part I am unsure about.

This stupid YouTube videos are are disaster don't use them. I will post some photos with the hinges, I assembled my Probook 4530s yesterday after installing AOU V4.

To remove the hinges you have to press (squeeze) the top and button of them and push towards you, better to remove the top case and don't use and hard metallic tool, use plastic or wooden tool to remove them.

You know... if somebody in Canada wants to send us their ProBook,
we'll have no problem filming a tutorial for it, same style as all our other videos:
www.youtube.com/laptopscreencom
There'll be a B156HW01 V.4 in it for you.

Canada only - cause of the customs charges.

gerard71 said:
has any place in Canada you find you?

Sorry I'm a little confused,
but if your question is about sending from Quebec,
it's no problem. We are in North Vancouver. PM me for details.

I'm wishing I lived in Canada right now.

LSB2011 said:
xequtor said:
glengoyne17 said:
Thanks. I saw all the videos you guys used but still I see some broke the hinges or have them incorrectly now. That is the part I am unsure about.

This stupid YouTube videos are are disaster don't use them. I will post some photos with the hinges, I assembled my Probook 4530s yesterday after installing AOU V4.

To remove the hinges you have to press (squeeze) the top and button of them and push towards you, better to remove the top case and don't use and hard metallic tool, use plastic or wooden tool to remove them.

You know... if somebody in Canada wants to send us their ProBook,
we'll have no problem filming a tutorial for it, same style as all our other videos:
http://www.youtube.com/laptopscreencom
There'll be a B156HW01 V.4 in it for you.

Canada only - cause of the customs charges.

Wow what a deal!

So is it unavoidable to scratch and bend the hinge covers? The YouTube video shows the guy just prying and pulling and it's obvious he's not too worried about the laptop looking brand new afterwards.

I've already bent / scratched them by just prying a very small amount with a tiny flat head screw driver. Is there a trick to this or should I just rip them out and accept that things aren't gonna be quite as pretty as they were before lol.

daniellh said:
So is it unavoidable to scratch and bend the hinge covers? The YouTube video shows the guy just prying and pulling and it's obvious he's not too worried about the laptop looking brand new afterwards. I've already bent / scratched them by just prying a very small amount with a tiny flat head screw driver. Is there a trick to this or should I just rip them out and accept that things aren't gonna be quite as pretty as they were before lol.

I had no problem pulling the hinge covers off. I just can't get them back on.

John V said:
daniellh said:
So is it unavoidable to scratch and bend the hinge covers? The YouTube video shows the guy just prying and pulling and it's obvious he's not too worried about the laptop looking brand new afterwards. I've already bent / scratched them by just prying a very small amount with a tiny flat head screw driver. Is there a trick to this or should I just rip them out and accept that things aren't gonna be quite as pretty as they were before lol.

I had no problem pulling the hinge covers off. I just can't get them back on.

Oh man lol there just always has to be a hard part! I'll keep trying but this small flat head is bending the nice pretty hinges and I'd like to avoid that.

This sounds great!

One question, I'm in NYC, but would rather not do it!

If I bring it in to BESTBUY would they replace it.

I mean i'm very tech-savy, but just don't want to do it lol.

Not sure how much they would charge, but I would pay $100 plus cost of parts.

Dilemas :?

Actually you don't need to remove the hinge covers. If you wiggle a bit, you can remove and replace the screen while leaving the hinge covers in place.

Kotek Besar said:
Actually you don't need to remove the hinge covers. If you wiggle a bit, you can remove and replace the screen while leaving the hinge covers in place.

I thought they needed to come off so you could run the new video cable through the hinge? Would be awesome if you could skip taking them off though.

I'll try the method of taking the top cover off first and then trying to get a better grip on these things. Cable, LCD and anti-static band will be in the mail today, woo hoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back