Contribute
Register

Upgrading Laptop screen to 1080p

Status
Not open for further replies.
liposuction said:
We might want to take a collection of part numbers for cables and screens and the links to all the youtube videos and add them to a new section in the FAQ [...]
I also recommend sticky-ing the FAQs and Guides to installing.

Hello all,

Now that I see more people have done this I will pose the question. Does anyone live in the Los Angeles area? I was never able to get the hinge covers back on correctly and they cause the bottom of the bezel to bulge. If there is anyone able to lend a hand I sure would appreciate it. Beers on me for sure.

Mike

saltydog4791 said:
Hello all,

Now that I see more people have done this I will pose the question. Does anyone live in the Los Angeles area? I was never able to get the hinge covers back on correctly and they cause the bottom of the bezel to bulge. If there is anyone able to lend a hand I sure would appreciate it. Beers on me for sure.

Mike

Wow. That is a great offer. If you had said, "Plane tickets and beers on me for sure!" I'd be willing to help. :D :D :D

Haha considering you could buy a whole new laptop cheaper then plane tickets :p

I'm not near you, sorry bud.

Hello! This is my first post. I found this thread after I bought a 4530s for my wife and feel bad about how terrible the OEM screen looks.

I think 1920x1080 might be too hard on her eyes, so I wanted to replace it with a 1600 x 900 screen, but haven't seen anyone pick that part.

I'm trying to navigate through laptopscreens.com to find a good replacement with those specs (1600x900, LED, matte or glossy) but can't figure out how to find something similar to the part number everyone is choosing (LP156WF1(TL)(F3)).

Am I missing how to navigate the site to find a good 1600x900 option?

1600x900 has been already bought by someone, but is not compatible.
1920x1080 it is.
Within Mac Osx you can set in safari the minimum font-size to be displayed (everything smaller will be upscaled).
Also, you can do this with Icons, Icons text, Pointer size ecc... so i think it wouldn't be a problem to read =)
Also, it is possible to enable Zoom in/out with "ctrl" + scroll up/down. ;)

No I think it is compatible. The user who bought it (liposuction) also bought and a 1080p screen and both of them was not compatible with HIS machine, a 4430s.
I think a 1600x900 will be perfect for 4530s.
He can ask at laptopscreens.com about this.

buy the screen that masso912 specified, the 1920x1080 screen.

after you install it, (remember to install the patched dsdt before you shut the machine down the last time with the old screen) upon reboot it will display whatever resolution you had the old screen set to.

then go to system preferences-->displays and choose 1600X900. it will work fine.

that's what i have my screen set for right now.

i decided that even tho the text is much crisper and sharper at 1920X1080, and more content fits on the screen, i would need reading glasses, so i shifted to the lower resolution.

i haven't played a movie on it yet, but i would imagine i might set it for the highest resolution for watching the movie, then set it back to 1600x900.

it's still FAR better than the crappy oem screen and the 1344Xwhatever resolution the old screen delivered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back