Contribute
Register

Upgrading Laptop screen to 1080p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting for your success story liposuction.....
Confirm me that you would upgrade the LCD on 4530s core i3 f20?

waqarhassanpk said:
Waiting for your success story liposuction.....
Confirm me that you would upgrade the LCD on 4530s core i3 f20?

The hardware should all be in by late morning (11AM US EDT).

Here is the model I ordered:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6834157822

First, I will update the BIOS to F.20

I plan on using the 4730s HD+ cable (646274-001) from here:
http://h20141.www2.hp.com/hpparts/Defau ... FD4A6F6538

Here is the screen I ordered (matte) per BigDonkey's post:
http://www.laptopscreen.com/English/scr ... 9%28F3%29/

After that I plan to upgrade the processor to an i5-2410m.

If the model I ordered comes with the wrong wireless card, I already have an Atheros (HP p/n 593127-001 malbec) here just in case.

I just hope the screen replacement is a little easier on the 4530s than the 4430s. I probably destroyed 3 sets of hinge covers on that thing. :( I'll edit this post with my results.

EDIT 1 - Everything is here. Waiting for all the HP crap to start up so I can update the BIOS.
EDIT 2 - BIOS is updated. Starting tear-down. Although I may have to slip out and get some food before I finish.
EDIT 3 - Back from lunch. Removing the keyboard and top cover. Cover is off. Screen time.
EDIT 4 - 646274-001 is in. Boy this would go a lot faster if I didn't have to pause and actually do my job when people call. :)
EDIT 5 - The new screen is in and I'm booting into Windows. Looks awesome. OF COURSE there's a dead pixel. With my luck lately, why wouldn't there be. *sigh* Oy ve.

Awesome dude, this is the same laptop that i have.... And i am going to order the same screen and connector.... For me it would take around 9-15 days for shipment to reach.... Would be waiting for your success story plus tutorial and tips :p
Thumbs up
Besides you don't need to change the wireless card with the model you have ordered since it has atheros :D

liposuction said:
I just hope the screen replacement is a little easier on the 4530s than the 4430s. I probably destroyed 3 sets of hinge covers on that thing. :( I'll edit this post with my results.

Since you will open your laptop to change the cable, remove the hinges' cover after you have taken off your top cover. It is much easier and also 4530s hinges' cover is a little bit wider than your 4430s (judging by the photo you previously updated.)

My screen should show up today and my cable tomorrow. Merry xmas to me this weekend! So nice that we will have higher res screens than you can get from Apple themselves. :)

Done. Does anyone have a DSDT for the 4530s for i3 with dual-link enabled?

What is your bios version?

xpamamadeus said:
nickstar he wrote 5 posts up.

Plz guys any info about 4730s screen upgrate to full hd?

As I noted before, if your 4730s comes with an HD+ then you can upgrade to fHD without any issue. If you have a model with plain hd screen (1366x768) you have to use a cable upgrade (646274-001).

1:)All 4730s comes with HD+ cable!!
2:)How to upgrade without any issues if i dont know what fHD screen to choose?
3:)There its no 4730s model with 1366x768 ress

Its 17" probook not 15" !!
Thx for ur help but it wass al wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back