Contribute
Register

Upgrading Laptop screen to 1080p

Status
Not open for further replies.
BigDonkey said:
masso912 said:
Can someone compile this .dsl for me? It seems my other Hackintosh refuse to compile it... (no error... it just do nothing D:)
1080p works. I just added the dual link patch to boot in lion osx! but then this issue happened x)
masso912 use one from here for now viewtopic.php?p=261987#p261987

or post your clean dsdt. This one is looped.

Already Patched correctly by myself =3
Screen is working perfectly :D My god, it's wonderful :eek:

4530s + 6490m with scope for 2410m and all brbiks patch + Dual link F.20.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    141.8 KB · Views: 137
1080p success is great. Just placed my order for 1080p matte screen and the hd+ cable. So hoping I get them by end of the week!! Also hoping I don't bork the install! Anyone in the Los Angeles area doing this? ;)

Mike

saltydog4791 said:
1080p success is great. Just placed my order for 1080p matte screen and the hd+ cable. So hoping I get them by end of the week!! Also hoping I don't bork the install! Anyone in the Los Angeles area doing this? ;)

Mike

You need also a star shaped screwdriver of size T8 to uncover all components. Order it if you haven't one =).
(I found it in my father basement :lol: )

Yup, 1080p is a great step =)

masso912 said:
BigDonkey said:
masso912 said:
Can someone compile this .dsl for me? It seems my other Hackintosh refuse to compile it... (no error... it just do nothing D:)
1080p works. I just added the dual link patch to boot in lion osx! but then this issue happened x)

You get to make the upgrade to take advantage of ATI video card 6490M as principal?

Lorengrin said:
masso912 said:
BigDonkey said:

You get to make the upgrade to take advantage of ATI video card 6490M as principal?

No, it's just that using the dsdt from one who haven't the 6490m could be dangerous.

Actually, I think all the 4x30's use the same DSDT. I was under the impression they didn't But I think they do...

blueking said:
Actually, I think all the 4x30's use the same DSDT. I was under the impression they didn't But I think they do...

Perfect upgrade to 1080 works perfect, the resolution gives a very fine neatly. Indeed the original screen leaves much to be desired this update is much needed.

Thanks for the input

Can any one please summarize the 15+ pages into single tutorial on HOW-To update to the 1080p.... I had been following this thread but everything is messed up in my mind.
Also Confirm me few things as F20 bios accepting aftermarket display, which components are needed exactly for 1080p, links would be highly appreciated.
Thanks
Cheers
Waqar Hassan

I can do a step-by-step when I get my 4530s and screen. I tried to update a 4430s and the motherboard does NOT support the B-Channel of the LVDS interface. 1600x900 and above WILL NOT WORK with HP 4430s in my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back