Contribute
Register

Upgrading Laptop screen to 1080p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone with only intel hd 3000 graphics thought of a 1080p 3D screen? Is it possible? Or would only a discrete graphics card support that? Just a thought

Yes, me and there are a few more:D
Do not worry about this. It will work no matter the model. Once you have 4530s you can go.

Thanks @nikstar, do you have any recommendations on the screen? Where I should get one? I want 3D and 1080p. Also, should I just use the FHD+ cable supplied for the 4750s?

I bought this cable and the matte screen of these two. I do not know about 3D and if there is available.

Thank you for your quick reply. I have already bookmarked those links for the cable and the screen. I was hoping that there was a 3D 1080p monitor out there, but I have had no luck finding one. I have found 3D @ 1366x786 or No 3D @ 1080p, but not that combo.

Inmike09 said:
Thank you for your quick reply. I have already bookmarked those links for the cable and the screen. I was hoping that there was a 3D 1080p monitor out there, but I have had no luck finding one. I have found 3D @ 1366x786 or No 3D @ 1080p, but not that combo.

3D monitor will not be compatible since it needs 120Hz to run and since you don't have an Nvidia card. To run an 3D monitor you need an Nvidia card.
The best monitor you can get is maybe an IPS monitor but it is gonna be quite pricy.

1 Question:

- Someone in europe knows where i can find these 1080p screens? I don't wanna import these from outside europe because of taxes.

Thanks.

CoolFX said:
1 Question:

- Someone in europe knows where i can find these 1080p screens? I don't wanna import these from outside europe because of taxes.

Thanks.

? imported two screens in Greece. No tax issues at all. Laptopscreen.com handles it right.

However there is sure a local dealer.
There are also several sellers on ebay.co.uk that ship from the UK.

Thanks for the quick reply timohour. I'll try to buy from Laptopscreen.com. Here in Portugal, costumes are a pain but i will give it a try. Do you have the 1080p or the other one? What do you recommend?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back