i5 2.4Ghz
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi!

I've been running Yosemite for a while on my Macbook Pro and now is the time to install it on my Hackintosh!

I've got a pretty compatible build (Z87N-WIFI with Broadcom BCM94322HM8L WiFi) that I want to upgrade to Yosemite. Would anybody tell me if the upgrade is smooth enough to be used? I mean should I reformat and everything or can I simply upgrade using the Yosemite install and then with Multibeast reinstall my missing kexts?

Any advice is welcome, thanks!

Best option is always to reinstall, but if you think it would be too much of a hassle, just uupgrade it.
But keep in mind that with hackintoshes, your best bet is to do a clean install. ;)

Best option is always to reinstall, but if you think it would be too much of a hassle, just uupgrade it.
But keep in mind that with hackintoshes, your best bet is to do a clean install. ;)

I'm usually pro-reinstall but this time around I'm short on time and I'd really need my iCloud sync to work on both my computers so I guess I'll try my hand with the upgrade but will do a full backup anyways just in case ;-)

Now let's wait for the Multibeast update! :)

Thanks!

I'm usually pro-reinstall but this time around I'm short on time and I'd really need my iCloud sync to work on both my computers so I guess I'll try my hand with the upgrade but will do a full backup anyways just in case ;-)

Now let's wait for the Multibeast update! :)

Thanks!

how about;

• cloning your present Mavericks install
  • performing a fresh install of Yosemite
  • and then using Migration Assistant to get your backup Apps and Data into Yosemite ?

I'm a Clover user and once I upgraded Clover to a 10.10-supported version and copied the appropriate Kexts (FakeSMC and the one for my Realtek ethernet) to the /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10 folder, I just ran the update process at around the Public Beta 3 timeframe, and I've been on a beta ever since. I had a Time Machine backup in case it blew up, but it was unbelievably smooth for me.

Since you're using Multibeast (based on your OP) then it may or may not be different.

Yeah, I believe the proccess through Clover bootloader is a lot more native-like than with chameleon and the upgrade should go smoothly. However when I did mine while using chameleon, I noticed it was not nearly as smooth as it was in the previous version of the system, so I decided not to do it anymore and always opt for a clean install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back