Contribute
Register

Upgrading from 10.9 to 10.10? Read This Guide!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, great guide,

You mentioned under no. 12 that "There can be mach_kernel issues". Well I am getting "Cant find /mach_kernel" when booting. Can anybody give me some idea how to resolve this?

Thanks
John

Try under bootflags
mach_kernel
Or
Kernel=/System/Library/Kernels/kernel

Also make sure your using v4 of chameleon

I'm getting stuck at the loading screen with the apple logo that has the progress bar below it. This is after installing Yosemite and choosing the drive with Yosemite in it. I'm not sure what to do. I left it alone for an hour and the progress bar was stuck at ~50%.

Edit: Got Yosemite to start up. I don't know if the flag -v did it or my computer just decided to cooperate after a billion reboots.

Edit 2: Installed my multbeast configurations and tried to boot up without using my usb as a bootloader. I got stuck again at the same loading screen. I'm currently trying to boot up using the -v flag and see if that helps.
What error are you getting? Verbose mode and screen shot it

I strongly recommend updating Chimera to version 4.0 (using Multibeast) before anything else. Otherwise, you have to boot Chimera from the USB drive (created by UniBeast) and select your primary disk when the Yosemite installation restarts (and again when it's done).
2. Make sure you update your boot loader before upgrading, it will save you some hassle.

IMG_0140.jpg

I get stuck here when I install my multibeast stuff. I am able to boot when I set the -f flag.

For those getting mach_kernel error after installing/rebooting:

Make sure you boot from the USB-stick after completing the Yosemite installation. And then choose your Yosemite drive from there.

View attachment 107222

I get stuck here when I install my multibeast stuff. I am able to boot when I set the -f flag.
This seems to be a common error with yosemite hackintoshes, I would put the flag in your boot flags in your boot plist temporarily to fix this

- Installed 10.10 using unibeast 5.0
- Installed multibeast 7.0
- Restarted
Stack on grey screen with a forbidden white/grey logo. Verbose mode says:
«Still waiting for root device»

Any ideas?

I'm getting almost the same but in -v mode it says register_decmfs_decompressor 2: CMP_Type7 failed:17

and get stuck on a gray screen with a forbidden logo.

Any ideas?

- Installed 10.10 using unibeast 5.0
- Installed multibeast 7.0
- Restarted
Stack on grey screen with a forbidden white/grey logo. Verbose mode says:
«Still waiting for root device»

Any ideas?

Did the same process again and problem solved.

NOTE: Everyone should read this guide just in case.

Once again, many thanks to everyone.

Yosemite.jpg

I'll try the whole thing all over again then.:thumbup:

I had the same problem. Popped my Yosemite stick in, installer bar got to just under halfway and showed a stop sign. I tried number of flags on boot. Nothing worked. Then.....

just out out of curiosity I went to have a look in my bios. All appeared to be correct so I just exited (without saving) booted to usb again.. Didn't set any flags this time and just started the usb installer and it went through the installation perfectly. I just installed over my Mavericks install, when I got to the desktop all was perfect! The only thing I noticed, was both onboard network devices were gone from the info. Now I need to remember what I did to get Mavericks working! I've just made a fresh time machine backup and am about to start multibeast to fix this...

Hmm. I just opened my old DSDT file that I used for Mavericks but it's coming up with errors saying newer versions are available. I need to get my head around all this stuff again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back