Contribute
Register

Upgrading from 10.9 to 10.10? Read This Guide!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Running the whole process again fixed the problem, what I don't have now is USB connection on my front ports and my bluetooth is gone. Sigh, little by little.

So would anybody know why my gaming mouse isn't working anymore? Keyboard and magic trackpad is working.

Anyone getting this after they install from USB drive and then restart from their HDD install drive?

I should mention I am on Chimera 2.2.1 - do I have to install mavericks again and then upgrade chimera to 4.0?!

..or is there some way to do it from Unibeast USB or terminal?

Thank you wonderful community!

Attachments

• IMG_6736.jpg
    IMG_6736.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 144
- Installed 10.10 using unibeast 5.0
- Installed multibeast 7.0
- Restarted
Stack on grey screen with a forbidden white/grey logo. Verbose mode says:
«Still waiting for root device»

Any ideas?

I ran into this when installing Yosemite onto a Gigabyte Brix. PCIRootUID=1 did the trick for me.

Anyone getting this after they install from USB drive and then restart from their HDD install drive?

I should mention I am on Chimera 2.2.1 - do I have to install mavericks again and then upgrade chimera to 4.0?!

..or is there some way to do it from Unibeast USB or terminal?

Thank you wonderful community!

I solved this with the help of another user's suggestion:
check 10.9.5 AppleACPIPlatform Rollback

in Multibeast 7.0 and it worked for me!

What error are you getting? Verbose mode and screen shot it
I have the same problem (yosemite boot stuck on halfway loading bar) whether I upgrade and do clean install

I installed with bootflag -x
ran Multicast with options given in the guides (upgrade and clean install)
rebooted and got stuck on halfway loading bar

note: I can only boot Yosemite with bootflag -x

My build
Asus p8z77-v
i7-3770
Asus Radeon HD7870
16GB RAM kingston
120GB Intel ssd 530series

**********************Solved**********************
For some reason my change to Chameleon the first time with bootflag "dart=0" was not working so the second time, I moved it right below the <key>Kernel Flags</key> then repair perms and rebuild cache with DPCIManager(as shown on http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nstall-10-9-asus-p8z77-v-pro-succecssful.html) . Now hard drive boots by itself and it is really fast.

My solution, move around dart=0 second time then repair perms and rebuild cache again :
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>dart=0</string>

I tried many other solutions posted online for the loading halfway bar problem, eg:
-add AppleACPIPlatform Rollback -> 10.9.5,
-disconnect HP printer
-Under Preferences -> Energy Saver, uncheck "put hard disks to sleep when possible."
-Check bios settings and disable virtualization

see if any of the solutions I found work for people having issues with loading bar stuck halfway on Comment#27

ok so i am also getting stuck at 50%. The OS is on a SSD. I'm running chameleon 4.1 (which helped me get past missing mach_kernel error!!!!!!).

booting with -v i noticed it was getting stuck in a loop whilst trying to identify my wifi card (TP Link PCI-E) so i removed it but now it gets stuck on Bluetooth Transport? see pic below

IMG_0368.jpg

if anyone else has any ideas or see's something familiar please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back