gtx 780
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So i am on asus rampage iv extreme with oc'd i7 4930k, and i upgraded from 780ti to msi gaming x 1080ti, and got this error. I hadi installed nv web drivers, and i am on Sierra newest version.
Cant boot to safe mode.

Anyone knows what to do?

Attachments

• IMG_20180928_113329.jpg
    IMG_20180928_113329.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 73
Why did you post this in the Buying Advice forum ?

MultiBeast 9.2.1 said:
*Please Note:
The FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext in FakeSMC Plugins v6.25-333-g05e0f4be.1759 is NOT compatible with NVIDIA Pascal graphics cards. If you do not delete it from /Library/Extensions your system will kernel panic on boot.

This has been corrected in later editions of MultiBeast.

Last edited:
Sorry, I noticed it after posting, I was sure I picked Sierra support, next time will double check.

Thanks for the reply, will try this.

Your HWSensors are too old and not compatible with your new Pascal-based GPU, you can fix that KP by replacing them with a newer version from here:
https://github.com/kozlek/HWSensors/releases

Put your old 780 back in temporarily and find where you installed the files (FakeSMC, CPUSensors, ACPISensors, etc.) which is either on your EFI-partion if you run Clover or possibly /System/Library/Extensions, make sure you remove all the old files or else you will run into more trouble.

If you choose to install the newer versions to S/L/E, be sure to run Kextbeast or similar to do so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back