Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H-BK
CPU
i7
Graphics
GTX 960
OK, believe me, I've scoured this forum for an answer, posting as a last resort.

I never installed the Generic USB 3 kext, did install Rehabman's kext and as soon as I boot up it sees the usb 3.0 drive, unmounts it, remounts it and then freezes, just after accusing me of not ejecting properly. None of the drives plugged into usb 3 ports show up.

On Mavericks, it would freeze on any USB plugin, but I learned to live with it, by rebooting to add usb devices.

Now it's not even willing to consider it.

Any help?

I believe my specs are in my sig, but if not, I'll add them.

OK, believe me, I've scoured this forum for an answer, posting as a last resort.

I never installed the Generic USB 3 kext, did install Rehabman's kext and as soon as I boot up it sees the usb 3.0 drive, unmounts it, remounts it and then freezes, just after accusing me of not ejecting properly. None of the drives plugged into usb 3 ports show up.

On Mavericks, it would freeze on any USB plugin, but I learned to live with it, by rebooting to add usb devices.

Now it's not even willing to consider it.

Any help?

I believe my specs are in my sig, but if not, I'll add them.

GenericUSBXHCI.kext should be avoided on Yosemite. It barely works on 10.10, and doesn't work at all on 10.11.

See and I keep reading it's not necessary with Yosemite, but without it, my usb 3 ports don't function at all, not even as usb 2 ports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back