I5-8600K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I have been using my hack for almost 2 years and all patches were done properly. For some unknown reason, the S3 sleep no longer work after upgrade to monterey 12.3 and OC0.7.9. I did not anticipate this and did the upgrade in one go. As a result, I cannot tell whether it is the upgrade to monterey nor OC0.7.9 caused the issue

The hack can go into S1 (the screen will go blank and all music stops) while the fan and light are still running

Does anyone have any idea on this?

Thx.

Last edited:
The next time your rig doesn't go to sleep on schedule, go to the Terminal and type pmset -g log and look for the activity at the timestamp when it was supposed to go to sleep. Feel free to post the output here if you can't isolate what is preventing it from sleep.

Some easy things to look for, in general I find that sometimes, if there is any media playing in the background like video or animation on a website in a browser, or music, my Mac doesn't go to sleep.

Also, check your Energy Saver panel and make sure your settings are still as you selected. The only option I have checked is "Put hard disks to sleep when possible"

It suddenly resumed normal while I did not change any settings. Lets see how it goes in coming few days

:D That sounds about right!

Do you have Time Machine doing regular backups? I found that could delay sleep, especially after an OS update because a lot of files have changed. But yeah, pmset -g log has allowed me to really see what processes are preventing sleep.

it is strange, i can simulate the problem now.

it can go to full sleep by
1, prior login
2, choose sleep at the menu bar (login or without login)
3, turn off bluetooth and all other apps after login (cannot simulate every time) (most of the time)

but once the above condition is not met, it cannot go to full sleep

i have attached the log file for your reference (login, bluetooth on)

Attachments

• pmset_log.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back