Contribute
Register

[Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, just one monitor.

A suggestion is to enter the BIOS and disable the Intel onboard graphics as you are connected to one monitor assuming its the GT 640. If this fails to boot. Boot in safe mode -x and open up your org.chameleon.Boot.plist and set IGPEnabler to No. Restart and test for wake from sleep.

Just want to say thanks again wildwillow for your awesome guide for this system! This was a lot easier than my X79 build, but I'm not getting any sound from my monitor using the IGFX with HDMI for some reason.

You're Welcome. To enable HDMI audio see here. Haswell HDMI Audio Read the guide thoroughly. This is how I enabled HDMI audio using the SSDT approach.

... Even though I checked the 1080p option in MultiBeast my resolution is at 1920 X 1200 instead of 1920 X 1080. I double checked my plist and the graphics mode is set to 1920 X 1080 X 32 so not sure what the problem is...Any ideas?

I'm not sure sure why your resolution is different from your plist. What is your native screen resolution? Have you looked in System Preferences/Displays?

You're Welcome. To enable HDMI audio see here. Haswell HDMI Audio Read the guide thoroughly. This is how I enabled HDMI audio using the SSDT approach.

I did see your post after reading back and followed the instructions to the tee, But still no sound or anything showing up for HDMI besides HDMI/Display Port. below is a pic of everything after I finished and rebooted.

20131114_142808.jpg

I'm not sure sure why your resolution is different from your plist. What is your native screen resolution? Have you looked in System Preferences/Displays?

Native resolution on this monitor I believe is 2560X1600. I did look in System Preferences/Displays and if I choose scale it only gives me 3 choices and nothing over the 1920X1200. But if I hook it up to my Vizio TV it defaults to 1920X1080p.

I'm at a loss on both...

I posted with a pic of everything but it said something real quick about a moderator looking at it or something before I could read it. I guess it will be up soon.

I did do everything you suggested though... and native on this monitor is 2560 X 1600.

Native resolution on this monitor I believe is 2560X1600. I did look in System Preferences/Displays and if I choose scale it only gives me 3 choices and nothing over the 1920X1200. But if I hook it up to my Vizio TV it defaults to 1920X1080p.

I'm at a loss on both...

If you are using an HDMI cable then you have maxed out the resolution of the cable. Using a DP or DVI you will be able to gain full resolution. If you have either cables in your pllist change Graphics mode to your native resolution.

Some examples

Code:
 <key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1200x32"</string>

Code:
key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"2560x1440x32"</string>

Code:
key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"2560x1600x32"</string>

If you are using an HDMI cable then you have maxed out the resolution of the cable. Using a DP or DVI you will be able to gain full resolution. If you have either cables in your pllist change Graphics mode to your native resolution.

Some examples

Code:
 <key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1200x32"</string>

Code:
key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"2560x1440x32"</string>

Code:
key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"2560x1600x32"</string>

I will have to go and get a cable as I don't have either of those LOL. I can live with the res as it is, I'm more worried about getting sound over HDMI... Does everything look right in the pic I posted?

Also when running those scripts only one asked for my password... the other just said finished if that helps.

I will have to go and get a cable as I don't have either of those LOL. I can live with the res as it is, I'm more worried about getting sound over HDMI... Does everything look right in the pic I posted?

Also when running those scripts only one asked for my password... the other just said finished if that helps.

That would explain why your resolution is at the lower ranges of your Display. What options do you have in System Preferences/Sound Outputs? I am not an audio Guru. Those were my exact steps to how I enabled HDMI audio. The links to toleda's thread are there for you or anyone to follow.

That would explain why your resolution is at the lower ranges of your Display. What options do you have in System Preferences/Sound Outputs? I am not an audio Guru. Those were my exact steps to how I enabled HDMI audio. The links to toleda's thread are there for you or anyone to follow.
All I have in there is...

Internal Speakers
Line Out
Line Out
Digital Out

Nothing for HDMI Out... I looked at and followed both your post and the link to toleda's thread. Maybe I did something wrong as I'm completely new to Mac and all this stuff, But I followed it to the tee.

But thanks again for trying... I'm just at a loss LOL.

All I have in there is...

Internal Speakers
Line Out
Line Out
Digital Out

Nothing for HDMI Out... I looked at and followed both your post and the link to toleda's thread. Maybe I did something wrong as I'm completely new to Mac and all this stuff, But I followed it to the tee.

Did you remove HDAEnabler1.kext and install ALC892 with DSDT from MultiBeast.

Did you remove HDAEnabler1.kext and install ALC892 with DSDT from MultiBeast.
Yeppers... Everything just as it said. I just plugged in some speakers to the green port on the back and I get sound if I set it to Internal Speakers.

Is your sound coming from your IGFX or your dedicated graphics from HDMI? I haven't installed my GTX 770 yet so my HDMI is coming from the IG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back