Contribute
Register

Updated UEFI GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely the @Bios software from Gigabyte works for those with Windows. A pendrive formatted in msdos entering the Q-Flash by pressing "End" also works. The upgrade is quiet and there is no need to change any table SSDT.aml.

Surely the @Bios software from Gigabyte works for those with Windows. A pendrive formatted in msdos entering the Q-Flash by pressing "End" also works. The upgrade is quiet and there is no need to change any table SSDT.aml.

A FAT-formatted USB stick works from Q-Flash if you aren't already on the older UEFI BIOS. But I couldn't get it to work when upgrading from UEFI to a newer UEFI; it seemed to only see EFI devices.

If you enter the Q-flash setup by pressing "f8" only the EFI volumes mount, but with the "End", before entering the setup, it is possible to access pendrives with msdos.

If you enter the Q-flash setup by pressing "f8" only the EFI volumes mount, but with the "End", before entering the setup, it is possible to access pendrives with msdos.

Ah! It would be nice if there were some indication of this in the setup screens.

Its all good. i updated the UEFI using @bios. now simply WOL works.

HI there,
I am using the previous version of UEFI bios. Since I updated it from Legacy BIOS, I could get the WOL to work or even find WOL settings on UEFI bios.

Is there is any indication that WOL menu is available (or at least) working on the new version of UEFI U1L?

Would appreciate you answer if any one can go for the trouble to look for me.

Thanks

Ah! It would be nice if there were some indication of this in the setup screens.

I followed their guide on Gigabyte.com as I had the U1B UEFI BIOS and it does tell you in there that if you want to use a USB drive it has to be Fat32 or FAT16 or FAT12 and you have to use End to get to Qflash :)

I just replaced a GTX 460 SE with a GTX 960 and was getting 3 beeps about 25 seconds apart (after initial 1st normal beep) when booting to Windows 8.1 Pro. It would boot normally after this sequence of beeps and worked fine but I could not use F12 to boot to my Hackintosh drive or even get into BIOS so I had to update to U1C. Now I can boot into Windows without the beeps and delays and can get to boot options to choose my Hackintosh drive. But I cannot boot into Hackintosh as it hangs at Apple logo. Starting to troubleshoot it now.

... ...
sudo umount /Volumes/efi

Now you can reboot your Hackintosh, hit the Del key at the right moment to bring up the BIOS configuration, and then hit the F8 key to start the Q-Flash utility. From there you should be able to figure it out.

Hi nobodynose - thanks for the clear and concise explanations and steps.... this may seem obvious but I now have two folders in the EFI partition - a folder that was already there called "EFI" and the folder I put there. Should I be deleting that existing folder? I left it as it is, the system boots fine. Except every now and then when booting up I see about 3-4 lines of "EBIOS read error, block 0 etc..." (or maybe it was EFBIOS read error... goes by too fast) and then it reboots itself (I think), the Gigabyte logos pops up, and boot up proceeds normally. I cannot repeat the error - I see it sometimes, sometimes not. Wondering if the left-over folder has something to do with it.

Also, the "EFI" folder contains another folder titled "APPLE" (which makes me think it was not from Gigabyte when I updated to version U1b earlier). Anyway - delete that folder or leave well enough alone? After using Lion and ML for almost 3 years now on a pretty stable build, I installed Yosemite and running into kernel panics and I figured some good housekeeping was in order. Thanks for your time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back