Contribute
Register

Updated to latest version of Clover today and now my mac drive won't boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Rog-Strix Z390-F
CPU
i7 8700k
Graphics
Nitro+ RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I haven't been on my mac OS drive in a while so opened it up today and began to use hackintool to update kexts and thought I'd update clover while I'm at it and now I can get into my mac OS. See below message that comes up once I turn on the computer (also see attached):

0:106 0:000 - There are problems in plist '\EFI\CLOVER\config.plist'
0:106 0:000 - Warning: Unknown key '/GUI/Mouse/DoubleClick:142'. Skipped.
0:106 0:000 - Warning: Boolean value contained in a string. Please use <true/> instead of <string>yes</string> for tag '/SystemParameters/InjectKexts:208'
0:107 0:000 - Use CloverConfigPlistValidator or look in the log

Now it seems to give me the answer what to do on the second line but now I can't boot into my Mac drive to look into the plist how can I fix this? I have a working windows OS on a different drive in the same computer if that can help?

I built this computer and made it work but I'm not really clued up with the more intricate side of things here, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_9074.jpg
    IMG_9074.jpg
    912.4 KB · Views: 71
I haven't been on my mac OS drive in a while so opened it up today and began to use hackintool to update kexts and thought I'd update clover while I'm at it and now I can get into my mac OS. See below message that comes up once I turn on the computer (also see attached):

0:106 0:000 - There are problems in plist '\EFI\CLOVER\config.plist'
0:106 0:000 - Warning: Unknown key '/GUI/Mouse/DoubleClick:142'. Skipped.
0:106 0:000 - Warning: Boolean value contained in a string. Please use <true/> instead of <string>yes</string> for tag '/SystemParameters/InjectKexts:208'
0:107 0:000 - Use CloverConfigPlistValidator or look in the log

Now it seems to give me the answer what to do on the second line but now I can't boot into my Mac drive to look into the plist how can I fix this? I have a working windows OS on a different drive in the same computer if that can help?

I built this computer and made it work but I'm not really clued up with the more intricate side of things here, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
fix the errors in your config.plist by checking the sample.plist or revert back to your previous clover

newer versions of clover can't work with latest versions of big sur and needs opencore elements to make it work, which in turn, requires more entries in your config.plist

fix the errors in your config.plist by checking the sample.plist or revert back to your previous clover

newer versions of clover can't work with latest versions of big sur and needs opencore elements to make it work, which in turn, requires more entries in your config.plist
Appreciate the speedy reply! Probably stupid question to you but how will I go about fixing the config.plist and checking the sample.plist if I can't get into the mac OS? If this has been explained in another thread id really appreciate a link.

Fortunately I'm still using Catalina so I'm hoping clover would still hold up.

Appreciate the speedy reply! Probably stupid question to you but how will I go about fixing the config.plist and checking the sample.plist if I can't get into the mac OS? If this has been explained in another thread id really appreciate a link.

Fortunately I'm still using Catalina so I'm hoping clover would still hold up.
use your usb installer to boot, then at the clover boot screen, choose to boot from your macos drive

Was worried you would say that. My USB installer was lost in a move.. Is there any other way to do it? Maybe through my windows OS?
yes, you can use windows to "mount the efi" so to speak

look for explorer++ run it as administrator and you will be able to edit the efi partition and then make your amendments

Hey, is there any way to view hidden drives as I can only see the ones formatted for windows.
yes, you can use windows to "mount the efi" so to speak

look for explorer++ run it as administrator and you will be able to edit the efi partition and then make your amendments

Hey, is there any way to view hidden drives as I can only see the ones formatted for windows.
you should be able to access your efi without issue

best not to use 3rd party software in trying to access your mac partition as that will cause issues

best not to use 3rd party software in trying to access your mac partition as that will cause issues
All sorted thanks very much for your help! Managed to find my previous clover EFI on an external harddrive. Had to mount my EFI partition via this link but its now all good!

Last edited:

A question going forward now, should I just avoid updating kexts, OS & clover going forward as it seems updating clover broke my Catalina (currently 10.15.7)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back