Contribute
Register

Updated to 10.8.4, worked, but failed after multibeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My experience:

I have the Z68X UD4 B3

Upgrade ML 10.8.4 via osx update

I did not use multibeast after update

Rebooted the system

Boot normally, faster, with trim enabler, but without sound.

Then I had used Multibeast 5.3.1 with user DSDT or DSDT-Free Instalation and my DSDT.aml in the desktop, check Drivers & Bootloaders-Drivers-Audio-Realtek ALC8xx-With DSDT-ALC889. Check Disk all 3rd party and Tirm Enable. At last in custumization check SSDT Options Sandy Bridge Core i5/i7 overclocked. When the program had finished.... ERROR (Now I think installation of Chimera was the error)

Then try to Boot without success, You know the problem :(
I use the boot disk posted yesterday, when the system booted I installed Chimera 2.0.1

After this I can boot normally WITH SOUND, all things works fine for me. The system boot faster than 10.8.3

I think the problem was Multibeast did not install the Chimera for me, all the other thinks works fine for me.

I hope this will be of some use to you.

Thanks.

Thanks to this wonderful community the problem has also been resolved for me!

What I did was:

Burned that Boot CD posted the other day (Using IMGBurn in Windows, Normal windows burning process made the CD unbootable)

Booted up the CD, selected my Macintosh HDD (using boot flags: -v -x npci=0x2000 or else I got "PCI Configuration Begin" hang)

Downloaded Chimera 2.0.1 standalone installer and installed.

Rebooted.

I was now able to boot into OS X without the Boot CD (but still had to use npci=0x2000)

So I just add npci=0x2000 boot flag to org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Now I can boot my system normally again! :) and sound works :mrgreen:

another shoutout to this amazing community!

What I did was:

Burned that Boot CD posted the other day (Using IMGBurn in Windows, Normal windows burning process made the CD unbootable)

Booted up the CD, selected my Macintosh HDD (using boot flags: -v -x npci=0x2000 or else I got "PCI Configuration Begin" hang)

Rebooted.

I was now able to boot into OS X without the Boot CD (but still had to use npci=0x2000)

The best community :)

Okay cheers for the information mate, Once (if) I can get my system up and running again, I'll just do a rollback to 10.8.3 at least until there's a fix for the audio.

I ran Multibeast again selecting just the audio required and rebooted, still no audio. Rebooted again, still no audio. Rebooted again, still no audio. Was going to try some of the hacking around with kext files and rebooted again to start clean and had audio. Seriously, no change, like magic the audio was there. I have rebooted about 10 more times just to see and the audio is there every time. Voodoo I guess.

What I did was:

Rebooted.

Hi boss, did you say "made the CD unbootable"? Is there an option in imgburn to make a CD unbootable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back