Contribute
Register

Updated to 10.8.4, worked, but failed after multibeast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68p-DS3
CPU
i3-2120
Graphics
GTX 650 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I just updated to 10.8.4, all went fine, except for my sound not working (heard this was common) and finder seemed to be running slow but I'm not sure if that actually had anything to do with the update. Anyway, first off all, my specs are:

• 8GB Team Elite Ram
  • Asus GTX 650 Ti
  • Gigabyte GA-Z68P-DS3
  • Intel Core i3-2120

After the installation, because of the no sound, I ran multibeast (latest version) with the following:

41155-multibeast-options.jpg ( + 1080p display for chimera)

Then after reboot I got a hang at:
IMG_0669.jpg

Having the exact same issue on my hackintosh.

GA-Z77-DS3H
i5-3570k
Sapphire HD6850 (currently uninstalled so i could run unibeast, due to the issues with hd6xxx cards)
8gb Ram

I have tried repairing permissions with disk utility on my unibeast USB. it said it repaired a few permissions but it didn't seem to fix anything.

Adding a third voice to this seemingly exact issue (see attached). My dad updated via the app store by accident, first reboot seemed fine except no audio, ran multibeast to add the audio, selected the "User/DSDT or DSDT-free Installation" and "Without DSDT:ALC889" and on reboot it won't get past the kernelcache freeze point. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks!!

Attachments

• kernelcache.jpg
    kernelcache.jpg
    373.6 KB · Views: 187
+1
Gigabyte Z68X UD4 B3

I haven't unibeast :(

I cannot say 100% what fixed it but I steered my dad via Facetime on his iPhone and had him use the Chimera 1.x on his unibeast thumb drive and he was then able to fix permissions and boot his broken drive. We then cleared out the /EXTRA reran Multibeast 5.3.1 selecting all the settings, installed a fresh Chimera 2.0.1 and it boots up fine...with no sound. But at least it boots.

I cannot say 100% what fixed it but I steered my dad via Facetime on his iPhone and had him use the Chimera 1.x on his unibeast thumb drive and he was then able to fix permissions and boot his broken drive. We then cleared out the /EXTRA reran Multibeast 5.3.1 selecting all the settings, installed a fresh Chimera 2.0.1 and it boots up fine...with no sound. But at least it boots.

Okay cheers for the information mate, Once (if) I can get my system up and running again, I'll just do a rollback to 10.8.3 at least until there's a fix for the audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back