Contribute
Register

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mavericks

I spoke to soon.
After my wife logged in (separate user), the same issue reared its ugly head again. Apparently with this configuration, of two people logged in with their own user login, I am occasionally booted out of my login.
When I log back in, if my virtual software (P10) was running before this occurred it will now be locked up. I am forced to shut the system down to reestablish a functional P10.
I found Windows to always have issues with multiple users simultaneously logged in also. There was always issues with outlook when two users were logged in. By going Mac, I hoped to be void of these issues.

I guess being a hackintosh we are treading water thinking that we can report these issues to Apple, correct?

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mavericks

Got a problem with this set up. Have i7 3770k with GA-Z77X-UP5-TH and Radeon r9 280x. This setup has been working flawless for the most part as a dual boot Windows 8 and Yosemite hackintosh on same solid state drive. Ran into a problem recently unsure if auto update was on or what with Yosemite because all of a sudden went into OS X and the boot process won't go past apple logo. Goes fine until 1/3 of the way and starts to get real slow finally stopping around half way and shutting down. Did startup with verbose mode and the drive says repairing and after three tries fails and shuts down. Does anybody know a possible way to boot into OS X or use a command in terminal allowing me to get in so i can clone the drive?

IMG_0334-1.jpgIMG_0335-1.jpgIMG_0336-1.jpg

Got a problem with this set up. Have i7 3770k with GA-Z77X-UP5-TH and Radeon r9 280x. This setup has been working flawless for the most part as a dual boot Windows 8 and Yosemite hackintosh
Since I don't have a GTX 280x and don't use Yosemite, yet, nor Windoze, I recommend you post your problem in the Yosemite Desktop Support forum section. http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-support/

I upgraded to Yosemite but can't get the audio and FaceTime video on my Apple Thunderbolt to work, also can't get Trim to work.
Repetitive installing ALC898, Trim, Chimera 4 (instead of 3) did no dot do the trick.
I thought about using Clover, but since Stork sees no reason to change I stick with Chimera.

Maybe Thunderbolt is just not properly supported by (buggy) Yosemite yet?
After a few hours of reinstalling and testing I decided to return to my SuperDuper backed up Mavericks.
I'll try upgrading from 10.9.5 again when 10.10.2 is released or new suggestions will come up.
Suggestions anyone?

I upgraded to Yosemite but can't get the audio and FaceTime video on my Apple Thunderbolt to work, also can't get Trim to work.
Repetitive installing ALC898, Trim, Chimera 4 (instead of 3) did no dot do the trick.
I thought about using Clover, but since Stork sees no reason to change I stick with Chimera.

Maybe Thunderbolt is just not properly supported by (buggy) Yosemite yet?
After a few hours of reinstalling and testing I decided to return to my SuperDuper backed up Mavericks.
I'll try upgrading from 10.9.5 again when 10.10.2 is released or new suggestions will come up.
Suggestions anyone?

Look at the Audio forums, http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/
and study those five stickies to see which one is your case. Toleda's help was invaluable. My audio is working with Yosemite AND I got it to work after waking from sleep as well!

I guess I'm one of the few who've had no new issues with yosemite, but I still have one that's been present since I built Stork's build in mountain lion days: Sleep doesn't work.

When it supposedly goes to sleep, the display shuts off like it should and it no longer responds to any mouse movement either which lead me to believe that the hdd stops also. The problem is that the case fans keep going. I have a different case than Stork, but it sleeps fine in windows so this is still an OS X issue. Any ideas?

In the Energy Saver System Preference pane, turn off WoL. Unfortunately, I'm able to look at my settings since I'm away from it for awhile, and I can't remember my settings off the top of my head.

Thanks for the quick reply. I already tried that and it didn't work. I've tried various dsdt patches but they don't seem to help either.

Thanks for the quick reply. I already tried that and it didn't work. I've tried various dsdt patches but they don't seem to help either.

My sleep works great. I switched to Clover a year ago to get the App store working with Mavericks. Since then I've been able to solve the audio problems using Toleda's sticky in the Audio Forum. No DSDT edit, just a boot time Clover injection to the Audio kext.

My system is running 99% with only the whole iMessage thing not working, but I can't think of a use for it anyway so I'm not concerned about it.

Also, I can use "Startup Disk" from the Control Panels to set my boot disk! Windows8.1 or Yosemite! The emergency repair disk even boots up.

My advice, keep trying.... but those DSDT edits may need to be rolled back and start with a clean system.

One more thing, which BIOS version are you using? I had nothing but trouble until I updated my BIOS to F11.

I have the latest bios update ( f11 or 12, i forget). I'll just have to try again i guess. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back