Contribute
Register

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mavericks

Hello,
Anyone run into this error while trying to burn DVD vob files on z77x-up5th?
the disc can't be burned because communication between the computer and the disc drive failed
error code 0x80020022

I'm running
i7 3770k
z77x-up5th​

LG BluRay Optical Drive from the Buyer's Guide. I don't recall using any kext from MultiBeast for the Blu-ray drive.

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mavericks

Hello,
Anyone run into this error while trying to burn DVD vob files on z77x-up5th?
the disc can't be burned because communication between the computer and the disc drive failed
error code 0x80020022

I'm running
i7 3770k
z77x-up5th​

LG BluRay Optical Drive from the Buyer's Guide. I don't recall using any kext from MultiBeast for the Blu-ray drive.
Since I'm not using an optical drive in my build (description), I recommend you repost in the General Help forum section. http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/

I use the BH10LS38 Blue Ray recorder but I don't burn BD disks, just CDs and DVDs. It works 95% of the time. Once I had to replace the discs I was using to another batch to get them to burn but I've never been UNable to burn. I burn around 60 DVDs and 200 CDs each year. (School projects....)

I use Roxio's Toast because it allows me to burn multiple copies at a time while Disk Utility burns ONE at a time and asks too many questions to be anything but a pain when burning dozens at a time.

Thanks for the reply..

So i booted into windows 7. Still getting error messages. turns out the drive can't write to disc,
I purchased a new lg blu ray drive from frys and its working. Sad part about it is, Im just over my 1 year warranty from Lg. Kinda crappy it didn't even last long.

I updated my software to 10.10 in a couple of weeks ago, but I'm not enjoying the update. I'm getting several kernel panics upon start, it usually only works when I do -v -f bootflags on startup. The shutdown also takes like forever to happen. I'm having problems also with some peripherals like the Bluray drive not working properly, my sound some times is missing after boot as well as the bluetooth. The only good thing is that the bluetooth is starting a lot faster in Yosemite and my magic mouse thanks it...

If anyone of you passed through any thing like that let me know, I could use some help to get rid of these annoying problems... In Mavericks everything was so smooth... This Yosemite also gave me two kernel panics in my real MacBook, that I use since 2010. I mean, two kernel panics was everything I have since I bought it and now I got two more in a matter of one month...

Yep, Yosemite 10.10.0 is buggy as it can get. Worst OS X release condition yet. The bad news is that Apple rushed it to make an October release when it needed another month to fix the problems. Same problem with iOS 8; iOS 8.1 should have been the release iOS 8.

While I'm running a test Yosemite installation, I spend most of my time using Mavericks. Yosemite probably won't be ready until the .3 or .4 release, IMO. Additionally, they took user capability away from their apps, especially Messages, in order to make Continuity/Handoff work with the iOS 8 iDevices. Bah! Not worth the update, yet.

That's unfortunate... I use OS X since version 10.5 in a Hackintosh and since 10.6 in a real MAC and I must say that I've never see a version of OS X with so many bugs as this one... But, as all of my computers share the Yosemite version I probably can't go back to Mavericks... Lets hope that the newer updates fix some of these problems, at least...

Although I think I may have screwed up my installation with some driver I shouldn't have installed... My feeling is that the power management control I installed from Multibeast is not working properly, or I just installed the wrong one...

Thank Gawd, Apple released 10.10.1. Check out tonymacx86's post and my follow up on a recommended procedure to accomplish the update.

Thank Gawd, Apple released 10.10.1. Check out tonymacx86's post and my follow up on a recommended procedure to accomplish the update.

The first thing I did when I saw the FB link from Tonymac about the 10.10.1 update was to see if you had posted an update guide/quick-start. Silly me...I should have known you're always there to deliver the goods!
:headbang:

Thanks Stork!!

Updated to 10.10.1.

Much better!

I'm sure it is not perfect but I have yet to experience the issues I was having with 10.10.0 & Parallels V10 locking up and being kicked out of my log in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back