Contribute
Register

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, all.

Back at it after a crazy week.

Thanks @macnb! That worked. Here is an image. Sorry about the quality. My cell cam is messed up.
Sorry I can't tell what's causing the panic from that screen dump.

How did you create that UniBeast USB stick ?
You you have access to another Mac or Hack ?

I followed the instructions detailed here:
Sorry I can't tell what's causing the panic from that screen dump.

How did you create that UniBeast USB stick ?

I followed the standard UniBeast instructions here:

Steps 1 and 2.
- I downloaded the installer (which I still have)
- Format my USB stick (Mac Journaled, GUID I think)
- Run UniBeast - no issues there from what I can remember

What can I do?
--- Is the picture the issue? If so, I can get a better one.
--- Is the data in the image not informative? I set the following boot options in Clover to get this screen dump
A. Verbose mode
B. Kernel panic (some option here to prevent from restarting after a panic)
C. Keep all flags <--- Maybe I shouldn't have checked this option

You you have access to another Mac or Hack ?

I have access to an actual Mac laptop, and I am trying to install Mojave on a hack that has a drive with... OS 10.8.2. The goal is the install Mojave on a clean drive and upgrade the hack that way, as opposed to trying to upgrade from 10.8.2.

Last edited:
OH...

Also... Should I pose these questions to a different thread since they are related to Unibeast/installation?
I followed the instructions detailed here:

I followed the standard UniBeast instructions here:

Steps 1 and 2.
- I downloaded the installer (which I still have)
- Format my USB stick (Mac Journaled, GUID I think)
- Run UniBeast - no issues there from what I can remember

What can I do?
--- Is the picture the issue? If so, I can get a better one.
--- Is the data in the image not informative? I set the following boot options in Clover to get this screen dump
A. Verbose mode
B. Kernel panic (some option here to prevent from restarting after a panic)
C. Keep all flags <--- Maybe I shouldn't have checked this option

I have access to an actual Mac laptop, and I am trying to install Mojave on a hack that has a drive with... OS 10.8.2. The goal is the install Mojave on a clean drive and upgrade the hack that way, as opposed to trying to upgrade from 10.8.2.

The picture is readable but the content does not make sense to me. I've never seen panic info like that.
The boot-args I mentioned previously are perfectly fine.

So you used your Macbook to create the UniBeast USB, right ?

OH...

Also... Should I pose these questions to a different thread since they are related to Unibeast/installation?
Might be better. Someone may spot the obvious problem :)

The picture is readable but the content does not make sense to me. I've never seen panic info like that.
The boot-args I mentioned previously are perfectly fine.

So you used your Macbook to create the UniBeast USB, right ?

Well, I definitely appreciate the effort to help... which is why I love this forum and all of it's helpful members.

Yes. I have an actual Mac which I used to get Mojave and UniBeast to make the stick. But I think the issue is there. Here is why.

1. I got the 22MBb installer of Mojave (on my Mac), not the 6GB one.
2. As a result, I had to have the 22MB installer download all the parts and then create the 6GB mojave installer as per these instructions:https://osxdaily.com/2018/09/29/download-full-macos-mojave-installer/

Those instructions say:
A. Launch the 22MB installer and have it download all the parts
B. At the count down at the end, cancel/quit the installer
C. I ran the Terminal commands there and that's how I got a 6GB installer
- mkdir /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/SharedSupport

- cd /macOS\ Install\ Data

- find . -mount | cpio -pvdm /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/SharedSupport

3. Then I formatted my stick, launched UniBeast and made the stick

I think either:
- Apple changed something (not so likely)
- Or I made a mistake somehow (User error is more likely)

Last edited:
Yes that's your problem. If you had mentioned it initially, you would have saved a lot of time.
Download from Apple directly via App Store if you know how :)

This link will take you to App Store and you can down load the full installer on your MacBook via the App Store.
It will be 6.04GB.
Once downloaded, DO NOT install but QUIT the installer.
Mojave will be in your Applications folder.
Then create your UniBeast USB.

Yes that's your problem. If you had mentioned it initially, you would have saved a lot of time.

This link will take you to App Store and you can down load the full installer on your MacBook via the App Store.
It will be 6.04GB.

Time... Now I know.

Thank you. I'll try that today. I sincerely appreciate the time you have given my issue.

It will be 6.04GB.

Thanks again. That link sent me the 22mb "Install macOS Mojave" installer, which is what I get everytime I try to download Mojave from the app store.

The 22MB installer will then download the 6GB of content and show the countdown at the end. When I quit the installer during the countdown, the "Install macOS Mojave" installer is still 22mb. To be clear, it downloaded 6GB, but the installer is still 22MB.

As a result, according to the internet, I need to run the terminal commands below to turn the 22mb installer into a 6GB installer.

- mkdir /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/SharedSupport

- cd /macOS\ Install\ Data

- find . -mount | cpio -pvdm /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/SharedSupport
link: https://osxdaily.com/2018/09/29/download-full-macos-mojave-installer/

When I do that, I end up with a 6GB installer, but I am having some issues getting the Unibeast stick to work.

If this is not correct what am I doing wrong?

Thanks again. That link sent me the 22mb "Install macOS Mojave" installer, which is what I get everytime I try to download Mojave from the app store.

The 22MB installer will then download the 6GB of content and show the countdown at the end. When I quit the installer during the countdown, the "Install macOS Mojave" installer is still 22mb. To be clear, it downloaded 6GB, but the installer is still 22MB.

As a result, according to the internet, I need to run the terminal commands below to turn the 22mb installer into a 6GB installer.

link: https://osxdaily.com/2018/09/29/download-full-macos-mojave-installer/

When I do that, I end up with a 6GB installer, but I am having some issues getting the Unibeast stick to work.

If this is not correct what am I doing wrong?
I'm not sure that you are doing anything wrong but when there are a bunch of command line commands to type, the risk of errors multiply.
The only thing I can think of is that the Mac you are using to download Mojave is a "work" Mac which has restrictions placed on it to download "full" builds (to stop workers creating USB bootable macOS installers in work environment).

If you had access to macOS running Catalina, you can directly download different versions of macOS using command line version of Software Update using:
Code:
softwareupdate --fetch-full-installer --full-installer-version 10.14.6

That will download version 10.14.6 into /Applications.
If you wanted latest Catalina, you would use 10.15.3 instead.
It is quick to download too (of course depending on your Internet speed) compared to App Store download (just my subjective opinion).

If you do not have access to Catalina, you can try that third-party utility by dosdude in that osxdaily link you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back