Contribute
Register

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Yosemite

Hallo Stork !

Its the same with me, I don't like 10.10 at all… I tried the Yosemite on my friends UP5TH now since weeks, and I have tons of troubles, not liking the Yosemite is making it more difficult even… :crazy:

Now after super carefully stripping the UP5TH from all drives and the TP-Link Wifi Card and the EVEA GT640 Graphics (from the buyers guide 2 years ago) and super careful BIOS fingertip setting it works quite smooth. BUT as soon as I migrate the user from the former 10.8.5 it will crash again...

So well, manually installing it is, but I find out that the Memory shows in the system report unusually, I have 2 corsair 8 GB modules, one shows the 1600MHz correctly with unknown Manufacturer, the other 0 MHz and N/A???

Yet it doesn't affect anything, but it looks odd… My friend needs 10.10 for his iMovie effects… o_O

BTW my own UP5TH build with 10.8.5 did without warning eject the DAATA disc (4TB) from the Marvell controller, it behaved like doomsday, until I realized that the Marvell Controller did go dead!!!! Have You ever heard something like that? Im now low on SATA Ports… (I think my planned X99 Board will be more likely ASUS than Gigabyte… I have also sometimes Audio troubles, L or R gone until I plug in and out:roll2: )

Regards Clone of my Own

( this is UP5TH with i7 3770 (no K), plus 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600) exactly described like in this Build reference with the 10.10.3 on Unibeast 5.1.0 and Multibeast 7.3.0) and I did "Profile1" and CPU PLL Over Volt disable, but without those 2 BIOS settings it shows both Memory with zero MHz and Manufct. N/A)

Attachments

• memory.jpg
    memory.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 116
[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Yosemite

Now I thought it runs stable, after installing all programs, I put back in the GT640 and the WIFI card, connected 5 more HD´s and voi´la - crash…. after unplugging everything back I checked BIOS, and I see that AHACI is back to smart auto, VT-D is back on, and the Boot Priority was on UEFI… I had this already twice, so I changed the 2032 Battery… Im kinda clueless, does the 640 Graphics or the Wifi card make trouble with 10.10.3 or does the Gigabyte board reset the BIOS when You install a PCIe? Im slowly really getting pissed on Apple, they produce just mist since 10.9

No, the BIOS should change between cold starts (or even warm boots). After you replace(d) you battery, follow my steps to setup your BIOS in my original post build description.

I replaced the Battery before I did set up the BIOS regarding Your post. Any Idea what can make the DDR3 RAM be shown as SGRAM or RAM? I´ve never seen something like that before… I took out GT640 and WLAN Card, and now it runs again, just showing this odd zero MHz...

Wow! I don't know why you're having these problems. Try just putting the GT 640 card back into the system - leave out installing the Ethernet card. See what you get.

Update:

The crash-system and no sleep or shut down Problems where caused by the GT 640 !!! I did install the nvidia web driver and change the graphic enabler to "yes", since then it runs stable.

I decided to just ignore the 0 GHz and SG RAM as cosmetic ouch...

Thanks Stork !

Update:

The crash-system and no sleep or shut down Problems where caused by the GT 640 !!! I did install the nvidia web driver and change the graphic enabler to "yes", since then it runs stable...
Good job! Who'd thunk... :lol:

...I decided to just ignore the 0 GHz and SG RAM as cosmetic ouch...

Thanks Stork !
Welcome. The 0GHZ and RAM displays are probably due the GraphicEnabler=Yes and cosmetic. So, I'd, too, would ignore it for now.

Updated to 10.10.4 successfully. See this post for my procedure.

Boot Issues

I went back to Mavericks for stability after initially trying Yosemite. Have gone back now that El Capitan is due to come out.

I have a boot issue ... I can get onto Yosemite 10.0.5 with the USB install but I get a boot error when I try to boot directly of the Yosemite disk.

Does the disk have to be in P0? Mine is currently set to P1.

I have a boot issue ... I can get onto Yosemite 10.0.5 with the USB install but I get a boot error when I try to boot directly of the Yosemite disk.

Does the disk have to be in P0? Mine is currently set to P1.
P1 is fine. Check your BIOS Features > CSM settings that have the word "Boot" in the description are set to Legacy. However, if I understand what you mean by "boot error", one of my SSDs has the boot0 error, but it quickly goes by and then I get the Chimera boot loading. So, unless it hangs on the boot0, don't worry about it. Just make sure you're using the latest version of UniBeast, MultiBeast and Chimera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back