Contribute
Register

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mountain Lion

130308204631 - copie.jpg

This option can be shown that with some CPU model ....
I am the F12e, but it was also F11

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mountain Lion

Yes, I've tested it just a little while ago. I removed the system from the KVM switch, and tried to make it sleep which it wouldn't do. But, I remembered a fellow moderator tell me that Smart Auto didn't work for him, so I changed it back to Auto. The system then slept and woke-up as normal with a USB keyboard & mouse.

I'll try USB 3 tests in a standalone mode tomorrow. I'm done for the day. :lol:

BTW, today, I just took delivery of my 1st USB external HDD. Thus, my putting off the standalone USB 3 testing until tomorrow. I normally use Thunderbolt to FW800 adapter to interface with my external drive cases.

I looked in my BIOS, and I can't find "VT-d" BIOS parameter nor in the motherboard's user manual.
Ok have a good nights sleep.
And speaking of sleep i've always used this genius free app

PleaseSleep.png

I think it's a great app to prevent auto sleep when some app's off my/your choice is running.

arehep and Stork,

Have you guys been able to get wake-on-LAN working with either of the Ethernet ports? I have not had much luck even with the WOL BIOS option enabled.

arehep and Stork,

Have you guys been able to get wake-on-LAN working with either of the Ethernet ports? I have not had much luck even with the WOL BIOS option enabled.
Wrong thread. The motherboard in this thread is the GA-Z77X-UP5 TH which has only one Ethernet port.

Stork,

As background, I've been following your Golden Build thread as well as Slugnet's build. Currently running ML 10.8.3 on my ASUS X58 Sabertooth. Waiting for delivery of the following:

GA-Z77X-UD5H
I7 3770K 3.5Gz
BD COMBO LG|UH12NS29
CPU COOL TT| CLP0534 RT
GTX650TI 2G
CORSAIR|TX650 V2 650W
CASE FAN GELID FN-SX12-10 (2)
NZXT Technologies H2 white Computer Case

I'm currently running 10.8.3 in my X58 on a Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB, which I plan to relocate to my new build.

Questions:

1. Can I run Multibeast 5.3 with the appropriate settings for my new install in the X58, pull it and re-install it in my new build?
2. If so, what about the ASUS X58 Multibeast install originally placed on the HD, any conflicts with the new Multibeast install
configuration?
3. Can I install Multibeast 5.3 on a separate partition on the HD or does it need to overlay the ML 10.8.3 install?

Thanks!

...As background, I've been following your Golden Build thread as well as Slugnet's build. Currently running ML 10.8.3 on my ASUS X58 Sabertooth. Waiting for delivery of the following:

GA-Z77X-UD5H
As I said in the post before your post, I do not have a -UD5H. I have a UP5 TH which is different motherboard.

cnote said:
1. Can I run MultiBeast 5.3 with the appropriate settings for my new install in the X58, pull it and re-install it in my new build?
2. If so, what about the ASUS X58 MultiBeast install originally placed on the HD, any conflicts with the new MultiBeast install
configuration?
3. Can I install MultiBeast 5.3 on a separate partition on the HD or does it need to overlay the ML 10.8.3 install?

Thanks!
For questions #1 & #2, I don't know because...well, question #2 answers question #1 - I don't know what you chose in MultiBeast. Question #3: I don't understand this question - it doesn't make any sense to me.

Here's what I recommend.
  • Leave your X58 system alone, don't fool with it, but buy a new SSD or HDD for your new system to install OS X on it.
  • Build a new (fresh) UniBeast USB stick on the X58 system http://www.tonymacx86.com/61-unibeast-install-os-x-mountain-lion-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html
  • Install Mountain Lion on the new system using the tonymacx86 UniBeast Guide & UniBeast USB thumb drive.
  • When the new installation asks if you want to migrate apps and user account(s) from an other Mac, etc., check the appropriate box - from another Mac - and select everything you want except the last item that reads something like "Other files..." - don't select that one.
  • Then, follow the Migration Assistant's instructions to bring your apps, etc., over to your new system - this will not bring the X58 systems 's MultiBeast loaded drivers, etc., over to your new system (it will bring the tonmacx86 apps over, though, so you'll need to delete the ones you don't need).
  • Finally, complete the UniBeast Guide instructions that deal with downloading the latest version of MultiBest and running it.
That should do it for you. I've done the above procedure several times with good results on new systems. Good Luck.

Please post other questions in the Mountain Lion Desktop Support forum section as you have different h/w and questions from what this thread is about. TIA.

I need a little help. i swapped my motherboard over to a ga-z77x-up5-th. im using hd 4000 graphics. i cant seem to get my graphic mode
set to 2560x1440 for my cinema display to work on start up, with out having to unplug and plug back in. i tried using multi beast to set the 1080p option, then i edit the boot file in my extra folder. but its still not working.
any help would be awesome.

Sorry for the post.
I fixed my garbled screen. I'm using two 120gb corsair force gt in raid as my boot drive. So when I cloned the raid boot drive I didn't edit my plist with the 2560*1440 and if I stand correct with a raid boot drive I can't edit the plist list in my extra folder. I think I read that somewhere.
So I recloned my raid boot drive with the 2560*1440 in my plist and all is well.

No problem. I'm glad you discovered the solution to your problem. BTW, what monitor are you using? I'm thinking about getting a Dell U2713HM for my bad eyes.

Thanks for replying.
I sold a late 09iMac and with the funds I got a refurb 27 in apple cinema display.
Trying to keep the iMac theme :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back