Gigabyte Brix Pro
CPU
i5-4570R
Graphics
Iris 5200
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

i followed the howto upgrade OC on the acidanthera page.
After a few tries and matching the new config.plist with the one i had from 0.6.3 it now boots to BigSur.

Reason for updating was that sometimes when boot ing with 0.6.3 it takes a long while before the boot menu displays, and it seems there are issues with BIOS on GigaByte.

So before messing up the one on my ssd, first tried with USB. Only thing is with 0.6.4 booted from usb, i only see a text menu.
1. MacOS
2. Recovery
3 reset NVRAM
I do not see the normal menu with the harddrive pictograms.

Can i copy this efi from usb to my ssd? and will i see the normal boot screen?
Or am i missing something?

Thanks for any light on this.

Kind regards.

Hi,

i followed the howto upgrade OC on the acidanthera page.
After a few tries and matching the new config.plist with the one i had from 0.6.3 it now boots to BigSur.

Reason for updating was that sometimes when boot ing with 0.6.3 it takes a long while before the boot menu displays, and it seems there are issues with BIOS on GigaByte.

So before messing up the one on my ssd, first tried with USB. Only thing is with 0.6.4 booted from usb, i only see a text menu.
1. MacOS
2. Recovery
3 reset NVRAM
I do not see the normal menu with the harddrive pictograms.

Can i copy this efi from usb to my ssd? and will i see the normal boot screen?
Or am i missing something?

Thanks for any light on this.

Kind regards.
Sounds like your Old OC EFI was using an external boot picker with a theme, I only use a text menu so I do not know much about it. However, I think the files you want to copy are in the Resources folder and you will need to set the boot picker to external.

Sounds like your Old OC EFI was using an external boot picker with a theme, I only use a text menu so I do not know much about it. However, I think the files you want to copy are in the Resources folder and you will need to set the boot picker to external.
Thanks, will look into that.

update 1: Yes just adding the resources was enough to get the drive graphics back.
checked the config.plist and compared with the one on the ssd (0.6.3) on boot keys, these seem to be the same. So have to look a bit further i guess.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back