Contribute
Register

*UPDATED*[Guide] Gigabyte Z170 HD3P 10.11.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mirkovic007: try to install it w/o the AMD card but with interbal graphics.

Anybody with a solution for the annoying shut down prblem (immediately restart most of times)?

Anybody with a solution for the annoying shut down prblem (immediately restart most of times)?
Yeah, stop using NVMEGeneric.kext. It causes a kernel panic at shutdown, which causes a restart. Maybe you can see the kernel panic in the logs? Otherwise, you could change the boot args to show panic info on the screen.
http://www.cnet.com/news/boot-argument-options-in-os-x/
I think you want at least debug=0x102
I've got some of the other flags set for debugging the kernel. I have the COM port (serial port) connected to another Mac for more output.

Use a patched kext instead of NVMEGeneric.kext:
https://github.com/RehabMan/patch-nvme

Put the patched kext in /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11

Thank you for this advice joevt.
It makes sense to use the original Apple driver patched for working with non Apple NVME drives.
Using the patched kext works and there is one difference now: My system now really shuts off and instead of direct restart it waits for some seconds, restarting anyway.
Maybe I have a restart ghost hiding in my hardware ;-)

I'm happy: using the patched Apple NVME kext + the Clover option "FixShutdown" (CloverConfigurator under ACPI) works.
Now all - really all is working!
Perfect!
Now waiting for Sierra to get new problems ;-)

And more: Waking up from sleep is now fast and without hassles. With NVMEgeneric.kext the process of waking up took much longer and was twofold: After some minutes the screen is normal but system is on halt (no mouse movemenst possible. After 15s mouse is moveable for 3s then freeze of system for 5s. Then network becomes active and then the mouse.
Now waking up take about 1 to 3s and is one process.

Last edited:
Is the microphone working for you? Mine doesn't detect any input from the 3.5mm port, though audio does work. :(

No, microphes are not working on front nor at back panel.
But it is not important for me.

What would be the cheapest (and preferably passive cooled, no fans) GPU that will support sleep on this motherboard?
I'm doing a build on this motherboard, with a Pascal GPU (that will run when booting Linux) and it would run with the HD530 on OSX while there're no Pascal drivers, but I've read the HD530 has sleep problems, so I'm considering adding a cheap auxiliary GPU that supports sleep.
Another question is if two NVIDIA GPUs (the Pascal and the auxiliary) will fit in this motherboard...

asiga: Heard? Test it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back