Contribute
Register

Updated 2013-08-16: MacMan's Haswell Test Build: Core i7-4770K + GA-Z87X-UD5H

Status
Not open for further replies.
MacMan's Haswell Test Build: Core i7-4770K + GA-Z87X-UD3H

got it a few days ago - very nice board !

Which board are you talking about? the GA-Z87MX-D3H? I am considering placing an order right now since it seems that it is the safest bet right now because it does not have any funky components, just the Intel LAN and the ALC892 Audio, how do you like that board?

I know you have everybody asking this question, but could you please post the custom kernal that supports Haswell?
Thanks
GREAT WORK!

Damn, due to lack of information and feedback, i am going crazy here, downloaded all of Gigabyte's Motherboards' diagrams, checking the design for any theoretical guaranteed compatibility match based on the best known information at this point, i would have hoped that anyone who got an installation working on any of the Z87 boards would have commented on chipset issues, anyways i will get the most naked/native MB design and keep my fingers crossed that it works :(

Realtek 892 already is proven to work. I am using it right this second.
I do think this board should be one of the safest bet right now, but I read the following post regarding to ALC892:

Not natively supported by AppleHDA, I guess it takes more steps to install third party's kext which is bad for novices like me.
Ref: http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php?title=Audio_Chipset_Database

I don't know if it is ture, but this post said many are not happy with the quality of the voodooHDA kext for enabling the ALC892 sound.
Ref: http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-advice/8010-choosing-compatible-components.html

P.S. This is the first time for me to try to build a hackintosh, I hope I am able to do it right. :)

I do think this board should be one of the safest bet right now, but I read the following post regarding to ALC892:

Not natively supported by AppleHDA, I guess it takes more steps to install third party's kext which is bad for novices like me.

I don't know if it is ture, but this post said many are not happy with the quality of the voodooHDA kext for enabling the ALC892 sound.
Ref: http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-advice/8010-choosing-compatible-components.html

P.S. This is the first time for me to try to build a hackintosh, I hope I am able to do it right. :)

That is pretty strange since the ALC892 is in the most popular Hackintosh Mobo, the GA-Z77N-WIFI and many people here are using it without a problem. I now have my mind set to the MX-D3H as i also found it to be the safest bet, i mean there is noway it would not work unless all the 8-Series Gigabyte's are useless in this generation.

Now that you point that out, i hope that the more experienced ones here would comment on that issue, at least i know that the Renesas USB 3.0 Hubs in all the Z87 UDXH's are guaranteed to cause a problem since the forums and the net is full of people having issues with that Hub.

I hope someone would comment on the ALC892 and whether it is natively supported or not, because i am about to place an order now :)

I think that you have sourced the old files. If you look at what people were installing, it was 10.6.0/5 Snow Leopard and the golden builds thread was from 2010. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

892 Is one of the easiest to get going, even for a beginner.

I think that you have sourced the old files. If you look at what people were installing, it was 10.6.0/5 Snow Leopard and the golden builds thread was from 2010. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Thank you very much, you are a life saver! i am going to place an order for the GA-Z87MX-D3H immediately, i can't see how that can go wrong, it is a fully native board, using the Z87 Chip for everything except for the Audio which you have just confirmed, no Hubs, no nothing ... :)

Thank you for the information, I feel more confident on the board I brought now.
Looking forward to the support of haswell. :thumbup:

Thank you very much, you are a life saver! i am going to place an order for the GA-Z87MX-D3H immediately, i can't see how that can go wrong, it is a fully native board, using the Z87 Chip for everything except for the Audio which you have just confirmed, no Hubs, no nothing ... :)
Sorry for the old information I referenced that misled you. :rolleyes: wildwillow is really a life saver! :)
I too brought this board because of the concern of USB 3.0 Hubs. Although I am not sure if the embedded Intel LAN is compatible, since all the Z87 UDXH are using it, I think it shouldn't be a problem. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back