Contribute
Register

Update Your OS X Mountain Lion App to 10.8.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just updated normal way.... after restarting my audio didnt work. Then I re installed Multibeast audio drivers. Now Works!!!

Article: Update Your OS X Mountain Lion App to 10.8.4

Updated to 10.8.4 everything works fine, but at shutdown the OS shuts down, but the computer stays running. I am using Intel DH55PJ Motherboard and ASUS Radeon HD EAH 6670 2GB DDR3 Graphics Cards. I hope some one here can sort out the problem, Please help...

Updated directly through app store with no issue. Now I have no audio. Tried reinstalling MultiBeast 4.7.0 and at the end of the install it fails. It tells me "There were errors with the installation."

HP Probook 4530s
2.29GHz i3
Intel HD Graphics 3000
OSX 10.8.4

Updated directly through app store with no issue. Now I have no audio. Tried reinstalling MultiBeast 4.7.0 and at the end of the install it fails. It tells me "There were errors with the installation."

HP Probook 4530s
2.29GHz i3
Intel HD Graphics 3000
OSX 10.8.4
MultiBeast 4.7 is for Lion, you need to use MultiBeast 5.3 for Mountain Lion.

So I am sorry for the complete noob question :p Noone mentions the restart that seems to be required immediately after selecting the update. I have chosen the combo update from the updates page of the AppStore. I am working from a CCC on an external drive just to be sure nothing is going to go south before running on production drive. I didn't want to just assume that allowing the restart, then reselecting the CCC drive in Chimera would work as expected. Will this work properly and leave the production SSD untouched? Should I just go for it? I ran the Chimera 2.1.1 installer just before this step.

Thanx
P

Is it possible to update to Mountain Lion directly from Snow leopard 10.6.7 ?

So I am sorry for the complete noob question :p Noone mentions the restart that seems to be required immediately after selecting the update. I have chosen the combo update from the updates page of the AppStore. I am working from a CCC on an external drive just to be sure nothing is going to go south before running on production drive. I didn't want to just assume that allowing the restart, then reselecting the CCC drive in Chimera would work as expected. Will this work properly and leave the production SSD untouched? Should I just go for it? I ran the Chimera 2.1.1 installer just before this step.

Thanx
P

OK, So I waited for a couple days but saw no response, so I went for it. After all it was a backup drive. Everything went well. I am sure 95% of you new the install actually happens before the reboot but for us 5%, it happens before the reboot, haha. So a very common story. Did the update, had no audio, downloaded Multibeast 5.4.0 and re-installed audio. Had to perform twice, but saw some others did as well. Rebooted a second time all is fine. So I am now current with Chimera 2.1.1, Multibeast 5.4.0 audio driver and OSX 10.8.4.

Next question. Should I reinstall the other drivers I initially chose during install with the new Multibeast version? Is USB 3 supported in my current config, or do I need to add something from the new Multibeast. I believe you can click on my name and see my rig.

Thank you for your help ahead of time,
P

OK, So I waited for a couple days but saw no response, so I went for it. After all it was a backup drive. Everything went well. I am sure 95% of you new the install actually happens before the reboot but for us 5%, it happens before the reboot, haha. So a very common story. Did the update, had no audio, downloaded Multibeast 5.4.0 and re-installed audio. Had to perform twice, but saw some others did as well. Rebooted a second time all is fine. So I am now current with Chimera 2.1.1, Multibeast 5.4.0 audio driver and OSX 10.8.4.

Next question. Should I reinstall the other drivers I initially chose during install with the new Multibeast version? Is USB 3 supported in my current config, or do I need to add something from the new Multibeast. I believe you can click on my name and see my rig.

Thank you for your help ahead of time,
P

Seems this thread isn't getting much attention :p

OK, All is good. Duplicated routine on production SSD and all is working as expected!

Can I update from Snow Leopard?

Yes you can update from SL - You will need to purchase the ML file from the Apple App store for $20.00.
And of course we assume your hardware is compatable w Mountain Lion. If not then the App store will tell you.
You will need to use UniBeast to make a Boot USB w ML on it.

Can we just Update With Software Updates And then Install the Drivers with Multibeast ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back