Motherboard
Gigabyte > D3H
CPU
i5 > i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz
Graphics
GT 640
Hi all,

So I was stupid and updated from High Sierra > Mojave without instructions

So basically just ran the installer inside osx and left to run - I was sure I read you could update natively ,...

Anyway many things happened I was not expecting...so

I was hoping I could make bootable USB and restore from time machine - not only did this fail but it messed up time machine disk somehow so no backup anymore!

Noticed drives now in apfs format - all files are still on the disk - maybe why time machine messed up?

Have since updated clover on disk but that's not done the trick just freezing on apple screen

Added apfs efi to the efi partition - not worked..

Could be the wrong file?

Anyone who knows what I should be doing to fix I'd appreciate the info/knowledge

Gonna break and come back in the AM prob due upgradings anyway but it would be a mega mission to start again.

Thanks

Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.

Link to profile - Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.

Let us know what motherboard you are using. That always helps also so to work out what settings you need for the EFI.

Ok added motherboard - Gigabyte D3H

Having thought on it and done a bit more reading it could be the clover update that is the problem and needs some configuring?

IMG_20210930_115048_503.jpg

Ok found posts about change in new clover folder structure - moved the drivers and we are good - phew!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back