Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
update with hfs method, works like a charm and now all my usb 3.1 works. audio. video,on sierra my rm shows 2400 now in high 3200 :D

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2017-09-30 a la(s) 11.49.46.png
    Captura de pantalla 2017-09-30 a la(s) 11.49.46.png
    3.4 MB · Views: 360
I updated to High Sierra but my Ga Z97-HD3 boaerd ain't recognizing the audio and have tried some commands out there and none work. Can someone send me to right place?

Has anyone upgraded to 10.13 when you had a dual boot install? My issue regardless of whether I use APFS or HFS+ option is I get an error saying changes to partition map will make Windows unbootable and then prompts me to restart.

It seems like it is trying to write something at the end of Mac Partition and Windows Partition is in the way? :(

Downloaded today's official High Sierra Update. Performed a direct update from 10.12.6. First updated Clover to v2.4k r4220, and then followed APFS guide above. Everything seems to be working with the exception of audio. I then downloaded and ran audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3.command, rebooted and my audio devices were now there. :) Thanks Toleda!
Later on I discovered my USB 3.0 ports weren't working. Downloaded USBinjectAll.kext and modified config.plist with the new raise port edits for High Sierra. Working now. Thanks tonymacx86! :)

View attachment 280452

View attachment 280453

View attachment 280456

Hello. Can you explain more about the audio and USB 3.0? Special config.plist how to? Thank you.

Stork,
Please remind me which one is the spoofing SSDT? I'm sure I followed Rehabman's post, but can't remember what I did for the spoof.
My is named SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml.

AGDPfix.app

FWIW you don't need to uninstall Nvidia drivers when this happens, just boot nv_disable=1, change Config1 to none and then you can boot normally. I do this every update.

Updated my copy boot drive directly all went well & rebooted into High Sierra.
Had to reinstall ALC887 using multibeast. This fixed the audio. USB3 was broken by the upgrade but easily fixed using the kext patch for high Sierra. Just replaced existing one in config.plist with the new. USB3 all good now. Only other issue was hardware monitor only partly working. Fixed by reinstalling the kext that it uses with kextbeast. Once all running I formatted my main SSD to apfs then copied to it with carbon cloner. So running High Sierra on SSD Apfs and so far very impressed. Also updated to Nvidia latest driver with no issue. It does say fault partway through the install but just ignore.

Followed post #1 carefully ( Chose the APFS route ), rebooted and installed the audio fix. Then using clover configurator I increased the ports ( USB 3 ) and installed the USBInjectAll.kext.
I went from macOS Sierra 10.12.6 to a perfectly working 10.13.0! :yawn:
Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back