Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS Catalina

Update (not so) successfully on my i5, Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac + but it killed my card BCM94352Z - DW1560 Broadcom. Only WiFi alive while Bluetooth dead.

Same happened to me, but in addition my wifi would not "enable" until super late after boot, like 5+ minutes after logging in. It also might be kickstarted by going into the settings application and looking at the networks screen, not sure. All of my kexts are up to date so i'm not sure whats wrong.

I successfully succeeded to clean install Catalina but it boots only with the help of the usb, can someone please help me how to configure Catalina to boot from hard drive without the help of the USB? Im attaching the config.plist from EFI of the hard drive which I copied from the USB to the hard drive in kexts other folder I have:AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext/ FakeSMC.kext/ IntelMausiEthernet.kext/ RealtekRTL8111.kext. Thanks

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Simply copy your efi folder from usb to main hd efi overriding it. Please inform why use 4961 and not 5071? Sorry, latest release available is 5096.

Last edited:
Anyone else getting this "You must be running macOS Catalina 10.15 or later..." ? Trying to update from Mojave 10.14.5 to Catalina. Clover is ver. 5070, restarted but still can't update.

Thanks.

View attachment 429158
I'm getting the same error message. Has this question been answered?

Hi, I have updated directly from Mojave to Catalina. The install seemed to go OK but when trying to boot into Catalina I get a black screen at the end of the boot process. Any ideas?

Using this instructions I've done a smooth upgrade from Mojave to Catalina.
No issues detected for the moment.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 17.41.00.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 17.41.00.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 111
Just got the same issue. Have no idea what to do now
It was the whatevergreen and lilu, updated to latest version and it worked

but now I‘m facing another problem, update firmware error

Simply copy your efi folder from usb to main hd efi overriding it. Please inform why use 4961 and not 5071? Sorry, latest release available is 5096.
Clover 5071 causing forbidden sign while trying to install Catalina with clover 4961 no errors

Can we have a clean Catalina install?

Finally I completed the upgrade, using a second USB key and downloading last version of Catalina.
iMessage, iCloud, Audio, bluetooth, wifi, and Logitech webcam are all working without issues.

Attachments

• Schermata 2019-10-19 alle 13.42.57.png
    Schermata 2019-10-19 alle 13.42.57.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 124
Back