Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS Catalina

Success with Elitebook 8470p.

Just make sure you have rename EC0 to EC in Clover config.plist or it won't work. I had to remove my SSDT file before it would load.

After Catalina was installed, I had to fix my Bluetooth and Wifi. I still have to fix Audio, Battery, and Backlight, but that's a whole different thing.

Everything else works great.

Will tonymacx86 eventually switch to OpenCore as the main bootloader once it's stable?
Just wondering.
Everyone will switch at some point.
Clover support will end sometime relatively soon.

Everyone will switch at some point.
Clover support will end sometime relatively soon.

I already made the switch a week ago. No problems so far. Having an OpenCore
Configurator would be nice though. It's too complicated for most people right now.

Successfully updated. The only change I noticed is that the native audio is not working now, but I have a USB audio adapter, so everything looks good. Thank You.

Successfully updated. The only change I noticed is that the native audio is not working now, but I have a USB audio adapter, so everything looks good. Thank You.

Same here : flawless update from Mojave.Been using for years a usb DAC 2.1 sound system.

Updated directly and all works great, except the Internet. Now, I think that is because I am using the DWA-131 USB wireless WiFi adapter and I suspect the drivers are 32-bit which won't be supported by Catalina.

What are my options here? I guess I would need to get a new WiFi adapter. Can someone please suggest one that would work with my setup?

Also, am I better off using a built-in ethernet card as opposed to a USB adapter? If so, once again, which one do you recommend for my setup, please?
Check my post here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ire-rx-580-mojave-10-14-3.271145/post-1992746

Old driver has not been upgraded yet...

I installed Catalina as an upgrade from a clean Mojave installation, using a second USB key (Clover 2k4 r4961) to boot from the installer partition, but no way to get audio. I updated AppleALC and Lilu in both /L/E/ and EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ to the latest version, fixed files attributes, rebuild KEXT cache, but then I cannot boot any more. :(
Anyone with the same problem found a way to solve?

I also tested uia_exclude=HS14 to disable on-board Bluetooth and enable Broadcom one, but it didn’t seem to work (but maybe I‘ll have to test this step again).

Steps I made are:
- Prepared Mojave USB key with UniBeast, then copy multibeast, clover configurator, SSDT-EC.aml, Hackintool, IORegistryExplorer, Clover UEFI Boot Mode v2.4k r4961, Kextbeast and latest kexts version;
- Install Mojave and run multibeast. I selecteded only "UEFI BOOT MODE", "Intel Generic AHCI SATA", "IntelMausiEthernet v2.4.0", iMac 14,2. Rebooted and added AppleALC, Lilu, 3rd party USB 3.0 and USBInjectAll;
- Mounted EFI partition of HD with clover and copied SSDT-EC.aml to EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.;
- Rebooted and run IORegistryExplorer, to check there is an EC item before fans;
- Downloaded Catalina from Apple store;
- Created a second USB key erasing it, copied Catalina installer with command
"sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Catalina.app --nointeraction";
- Installed Clover 2k4r4961 and copied attached EFI folder;
- Run Catalina upgrade inside Mojave and waited;
- When the system rebooted, Catalina partition didn't boot, so I boot with second USB key created, and proceeded with Catalina installation. It required a lot of reboots. If I thought it didn't work, I reboot in Mojave and rerun Catalina Upgrade.
- After Catalina was installed, the HD was able to boot without actions and Catalina was usable (including App Store, but without audio and Bluetooth).
- I mounted partition in read/write with command "sudo mount -uw /".
- I copied new kexts to Desktop and run KextBeast.
- I copied new kexts to EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
- Rebooted ... and system was no longer able to boot. Tried Clover in HD and USB key, but nothing happened.

Attachments

• EFI Clover 2k4r4961 to boot catalina upgrade partition.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 102
  • SSDT-EC.aml
    125 bytes · Views: 168
Last edited:
Back