Contribute
Register

Update Directly to macOS Catalina

I do like the fact that it warns you which programs will no longer work if you update to Catalina. I was about to go ahead with the install and the warning message popped up. I'm going to have to wait on the update until I find replacement programs for the ones that will be disabled in Catalina.

Anyone else getting this "You must be running macOS Catalina 10.15 or later..." ? Trying to update from Mojave 10.14.5 to Catalina. Clover is ver. 5070, restarted but still can't update.

Thanks.

View attachment 429158
Hello. I have the same problem. Have you find the solution? Thanks

I just upgraded from 10.14.4 to 10.15. It took about an hour and went smoothly as described. The audio broke but I re-added the Lilo KEXT and rebooted and that fixed it. All is well.

Do you mean Lilu.kext ? Oddly enough, it didn't work for me and I have tried every trick in my book, audio is still broken for me.

EDIT :
Attaching my config and a screenshot of my kext EFI/CLOVER/Kext/Other Folder for diagnostics

EDIT (again) :
problem solved. I followed the following thread and solved the problem.

Here are the specs for my system:
CPU : Intel Pentium G4560
MOBO : ASUS H110m-e
RAM : 4GB x 1
GPU : Sapphire RX 570 Pulse ITX (4 GB)

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.7 KB · Views: 254
  • Screenshot 2019-10-09 at 9.44.26 PM.png
    Screenshot 2019-10-09 at 9.44.26 PM.png
    181.3 KB · Views: 446
Last edited:
In the guide it says when updating to first choose macOS install and then the computer will restart a few times. In those few times do I have to choose macOS install or normal macOS start?
And the guide says to use the Install macOS Catalina app but if I click on the App Store it brings me to the settings. Is that ok?
Thank you very much
Screen Shot 2019-10-09 at 19.04.58.png

Back