Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys, this morning I tried to update my hackintosh from the latest version of Sierra to High Sierra. I've upgraded the bootloader and followed this guide to https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/.
The problem arises when booting from the macOS install clover, starts booting and stops at the "Legacy Shim 2" entry, after a few seconds the text of the monitor becomes unreadable and you see the "still waiting for root device".
-
My motherboard is: SUPERMICRO X8DAL-I
PROCESSOR: INTEL XEON E3
HARD DISK NORMAL (NO SSD)
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GEFORCE GXT 650
-
The installation of the previous version "Sierra" has been performed without any kind of error and without the addition of particular kext.
The only boot argument is dart = 0 the video card is natively supported.
I look new and I apologize for my unclear english, unfortunately I'm using the translator. Thanks in advance

Hi guys, this morning I tried to update my hackintosh from the latest version of Sierra to High Sierra. I've upgraded the bootloader and followed this guide to https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/.
The problem arises when booting from the macOS install clover, starts booting and stops at the "Legacy Shim 2" entry, after a few seconds the text of the monitor becomes unreadable and you see the "still waiting for root device".
-
My motherboard is: SUPERMICRO X8DAL-I
PROCESSOR: INTEL XEON E3
HARD DISK NORMAL (NO SSD)
VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GEFORCE GXT 650
-
The installation of the previous version "Sierra" has been performed without any kind of error and without the addition of particular kext.
The only boot argument is dart = 0 the video card is natively supported.
I look new and I apologize for my unclear english, unfortunately I'm using the translator. Thanks in advance

Dandi98, three months on did you manage to get anywhere with this Issue?
Mine too is a legacy setup, Sierra works fine, even have a Zotac Geforce 210 working, with native resolution up to 1920 x 1080, there are no USB3 ports.

@CHowell, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back