Register

Unsuccessful at trying to enable iServices/Wifi/Bluetooth with BCM94360CD

Motherboard
GA-Z270-HD3P
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 570
After a happy debut with Open Core and eventually getting 14.1 on my hack, I still haven't been able to get WiFi to work. I have iCloud finally working, it didn't let me accept Terms and Conditions at 14.0. But 14.1 update enabled me to pass that step, and now iCloud folder does indeed work properly. But iMessage and WIFI/Bluetooth and possibly other iServices are not working yet. It is not crucial with WiFi as I use Ethernet. But I would like to get iMessage to function.

NOTE: Since Monterey, I've had to use an adapter for Ethernet using an Ethernet-to-USB-C taking up the sole USB-C port on my motherboard. This might explain why the "Fixing en0" part doesn't really do it for.

I have also tried a tip from @morpheo69 mentioning this section. It leaves me with a kernel panic, and I have to reboot with my backup USB and enable the original config file again. When I do a snapshop in Propertree, it asks me if I want to disable a couple of things, and I honestly cant remember if I have tried both YES and NO on that step. But I don't think it will make any difference. It seems to dislike IOSkywalk.kext and IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext from the guide.

I am now about to get into USB mapping. But I'm wondering if I have to look at things different seeing that I don't use the normal Ethernet port. The WiFi card is in the 0x0C port. Just asking in advance if someone have any advice for a simpler solution before I start another journey messing with the config again.

Attached are screenshots from Hackintool USB overview and my config list.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 09.51.50.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 09.51.50.png
    158.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Config.plist
    31.6 KB · Views: 15
After a happy debut with Open Core and eventually getting 14.1 on my hack i still havent been able to get wifi to work. I have iCloud finally working, it didnt let me accept Terms and Conditions at 14.0 but 14.1 update enabled me to pass that step and now iCloud folder does indeed work properly. But iMessage and WIFI/Bluetooth and possibly other iServices are not working yet. It is not crucial with wifi as i use ethernet but i would like to get iMessage to function.

NOTE: Since Monterey I've had to use an adapter for ethernet using an ethernet-to-USB-C taking up the sole USB-C port on my motherboard. This might explain why the "Fixing en0" part doesn't really do it for.

I have also tried a tip from @morpheo69 mentioning this section. It leaves me with a kernel panic and i have to reboot with my backup USB and enable the original config file again. When i do a snapshop in Propertree it asks me if i want to disable a couple of things and i honestly cant remember if i have tried both YES and NO on that step, but i dont think it will make any difference. It seems to dislike IOSkywalk.kext and IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext from the guide.

I am now about to get into USB mapping but wondering if i have to look at things different seeing that i don't use the normal Ethernet port. The wifi card is in the 0x0C port. Just asking in advance if someone have any advice for a simpler solution before i start another journey messing with the config again.

Attatched are screenshots from hackintool USB overview and my config list.
you have set them all (apart from 1) to internal? why?

you have set them all (apart from 1) to internal? why?

If you are referring to the USB ports, I honestly haven't set any of them myself intentionally. I just followed every step on the OC guide and adjusted to my hardware. I still haven't tried to map anything yet where I am understanding myself what I am doing. They seem to all work though.

Since one is not set to internal, I am guessing its one of the workarounds because of the 15 port limit? I mean i dont know why its 15 and not 16 since is hexadecimal is 16 symbols. But maybe 0x00 wouldn't make sense...

If you are referring to the USB ports i honestly haven't set any of them myself intentionally, i just followed every step on the OC guide and adjusted to my hardware. I still haven't tried to map anything yet where I am understanding myself what I am doing. They seem to all work though.

Hi there.

Well, your USB ports are all USB2 speed except for HS01/SS01. All those Internal USB ports are not correct. Yes, the bluetooth port will be, and likely another system port will be too. The others will be back-panel USB3 ports USB2 ports etc.

It looks as though Bluetooth is working, and that your USB-Ethernet controller is plugged-in.

It also looks as though you might have a PCIe wireless card? Fenvi? If so, you will probably have to apply the OpenCore Legacy Patcher, patch, for Broadcom wireless, to get it working again.

:)

Hi there.

Well, your USB ports are all USB2 speed except for HS01/SS01. All those Internal USB ports are not correct. Yes, the bluetooth port will be, and likely another system port will be too. The others will be back-panel USB3 ports USB2 ports etc.

It looks as though Bluetooth is working, and that your USB-Ethernet controller is plugged-in.

It also looks as though you might have a PCIe wireless card? Fenvi? If so, you will probably have to apply the OpenCore Legacy Patcher, patch, for Broadcom wireless, to get it working again.

:)
Will look into things. Thanks @Feartech and @UtterDisbelief
I was gonna mention the PCIe, its the wifi card with its bluetooth chip that is plugged in a PCIe as well.
I believe its the one listed towards the bottom on picture.

EDIT: Open Core Legacy Patcher would be totally new to me so will need some time here.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 10.04.13.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 10.04.13.png
    360.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
1st update:

I ran a post-install root patch in OCLP, and it seemed to have added 9 USB ports. Now I see what you mean with them all being internal. Well, some are now labelled USB3 which is progress. (Maybe my mouse and external hard disk and other devices will start working on other then just the one USB3.1 port.)

But...I get a message on the "modern WiFi" part.
I changed the csr-active-config to 0308000. (I found a great numbers document from a guy to translate the numbers.) But no wifi yet. I did see the WiFi icon "try" something at login but then turned into explanation mark.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 17.05.15.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 17.05.15.png
    97.8 KB · Views: 17
Back