Contribute
Register

Unsuccessful again: installing Mavericks or Sierra or Mountain Lion on Asus laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Valma. I'm very interested to buy the Laptop Asus G752VT, because of "no Optimus" graphic card, and to install Sierra. Please when you complete solving the issues, can you post an entire guide about it?
Do you know any other laptop with no Optimus GUI?
Thanks.

dfrank970
most of clevo laptops doesnt have optimus, also if you want a good laptop without optimus and close to 90% functionality on hackintosh i suggest gt62vr MSI, i have a barebone of the same laptop and have everything working except brightness( you will need to change wireless card to BCM4352). i m getting same performance when running cinebench in hackintosh that i get from windows on 10770GTX.

Hi, dfrank970. I did not touch this laptop for long time, recently completed - touchpad, wifi, bluetooth. Now I am trying to add Fn hotkeys. There is one problem with USB3.0 in case a device attached through MSC Bulk-only transfer and all fine if this is the IOUSBHostInterface.

hey did you fix the brightness issue? also does it show brightness slider on display preference for you?

Thank you for your informations, friends.
dfrank

most of clevo laptops doesnt have optimus, also if you want a good laptop without optimus and close to 90% functionality on hackintosh i suggest gt62vr MSI, i have a barebone of the same laptop and have everything working except brightness( you will need to change wireless card to BCM4352). i m getting same performance when running cinebench in hackintosh that i get from windows on 10770GTX.

If you're ever on here again, I'd love some help with my MSI GT62VR. Mainly getting USB 3 up and stable.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back