Contribute
Register

Unsuccessful again: installing Mavericks or Sierra or Mountain Lion on Asus laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Going Bald

Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD7-F7
CPU
W3670
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Installing on a laptop is not as easy as a desktop. I am still struggling with a G751JY.

Have you included the fix for installing on NVMe in your Clover boot USB? OS X will not install on NVMe without it since it has no support for NVMe drives.

My goal was to somehow , by any means necessary, install some MacOS on either the nvME drive
or the SATA drive, whatever works, I don't care as long as I can accomplish this goal and I have
failed to do so and so I must make the harsh decision to lay myself off or fire myself for not
meeting expectations (goals) for this year 2016. Maybe I will rehire myself in 2017 to get to this
and make it successful.

I cannot even get anything to install on anything to even show or give a choice as to which
drive to perform the install. If I can install on the SATA drive, that would be fine (I can replace
that with a spare Samsung SSD I have).
I have , as the MacOS is booting on the laptop and seeing the apple logo, even tried pressing
hot buttons (Option R, or R or Option, Command R ... ) just like on a regular mac to see if I could
trick it into booting into recovery mode ... that does not work.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Oh okay, more reading and trying to figure this out. It is just not a simple process.
I was hoping to find a quick and dirty solution without having to do too much
research (writing research papers on this ) on this. :)

I will at some point get back to this to figure out what information is useful and not.

Thank you for that link.

All information in the FAQ is useful.

Quickly,

Taking the path of least resistance,
which MacOS is best to be installed on a computer like mine?

Your profile is not filled out as requested in the FAQ.
Therefore impossible to answer your question.

Huh, I have an account. I would not have been able to download the beasts software
without an account. Others have responded months before to my questions. Why such
discrimination all of a sudden?

I didn't say you don't have an account.
I said you didn't fill out your profile with hardware details as clearly requested in the FAQ.

This is the request in the FAQ:
Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
("Personal Details" link from "profile menu" in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

It is very specific about the seven details required (make/model/bootloader, CPU/chipset, graphics/resolution) and where they should be placed (Mobo, CPU, Graphics).

If you can't handle someone trying to help you, you can't handle a hackintosh LOL.

I installed El Capitan and Sierra on Asus G752VT. There are still some issues. If you need I will upload clover folder and kexts. Also please check this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/asus-g752vt-need-help.207977/

Completed on Sierra: usb 2.0, audio+hdmi, video (up to 4 monitors), bluetooth, lan and wifi (BCM4352), nvme as boot disk.
Not completed: usb 3.0 (freezings, same issue as on El Capitan), touch pad, sleep, special keys and brightness.

I installed El Capitan and Sierra on Asus G752VT. There are still some issues. If you need I will upload clover folder and kexts. Also please check this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/asus-g752vt-need-help.207977/

Completed on Sierra: usb 2.0, audio+hdmi, video (up to 4 monitors), bluetooth, lan and wifi (BCM4352), nvme as boot disk.
Not completed: usb 3.0 (freezings, same issue as on El Capitan), touch pad, sleep, special keys and brightness.

Hi, Valma. I'm very interested to buy the Laptop Asus G752VT, because of "no Optimus" graphic card, and to install Sierra. Please when you complete solving the issues, can you post an entire guide about it?
Do you know any other laptop with no Optimus GUI?
Thanks.

dfrank970

Hi, Valma. I'm very interested to buy the Laptop Asus G752VT, because of "no Optimus" graphic card, and to install Sierra. Please when you complete solving the issues, can you post an entire guide about it?
Do you know any other laptop with no Optimus GUI?
Thanks.

dfrank970

Hi, dfrank970. I did not touch this laptop for long time, recently completed - touchpad, wifi, bluetooth. Now I am trying to add Fn hotkeys. There is one problem with USB3.0 in case a device attached through MSC Bulk-only transfer and all fine if this is the IOUSBHostInterface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back