Contribute
Register

Unstable Sonoma, many freezes, crashes and restarts.

Motherboard
MSI MPG z690 Edge WIFI
CPU
i7 12700KF
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I installed Sonoma succesfully. It al boots up well. But after a minute or two it starts to become unstable. Apps won't open, Windows Server crashes to login screen and finally it restarts. Sometimes it also restarts out of the blue, when everything is working fine. Sonoma always crashes within 5 minutes. I have watched the crash reports and it is always a CPU Kernel Panic, showing different numbers. Panic CPU 0, 3,4,5 etc.
The strange thing is that everything works smooth and Sonoma boots fast. Also video is playing fine with my Radeon 6800XT.

I have tried almost everything. Different SSDT, kext, Args, nothing brings improvement. I always installed my hackintoshes succesfully, but now i don't know where to start.
I do appreciate any help! I have attached my EFI folder.

Important note: I did not install Sonoma with a USB install stick, but through Recovery Mode. In recovery mode you can choose the option to re-install Sonoma. I got the option to do this because the first installation failed. I tried to direct update from Ventura to Sonoma, but without succes. It left me the oppertunity to install it through internet in the Recovery mode.
Could it be that this is the cause of an unstable OS? Before I always installed the OS with a USB installation.

CPU: i7 12700 KF
Motherboard: MSI EDGE z690 Wifi
GPU: Radeon 6800 XT
Ethernet Card: Intel i225-V

I hope anyone can help me :)

Grz from Jerry

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    60 MB · Views: 23
Hello,

I installed Sonoma succesfully. It al boots up well. But after a minute or two it starts to become unstable. Apps won't open, Windows Server crashes to login screen and finally it restarts. Sometimes it also restarts out of the blue, when everything is working fine. Sonoma always crashes within 5 minutes. I have watched the crash reports and it is always a CPU Kernel Panic, showing different numbers. Panic CPU 0, 3,4,5 etc.
The strange thing is that everything works smooth and Sonoma boots fast. Also video is playing fine with my Radeon 6800XT.

I have tried almost everything. Different SSDT, kext, Args, nothing brings improvement. I always installed my hackintoshes succesfully, but now i don't know where to start.
I do appreciate any help! I have attached my EFI folder.

Important note: I did not install Sonoma with a USB install stick, but through Recovery Mode. In recovery mode you can choose the option to re-install Sonoma. I got the option to do this because the first installation failed. I tried to direct update from Ventura to Sonoma, but without succes. It left me the oppertunity to install it through internet in the Recovery mode.
Could it be that this is the cause of an unstable OS? Before I always installed the OS with a USB installation.

CPU: i7 12700 KF
Motherboard: MSI EDGE z690 Wifi
GPU: Radeon 6800 XT
Ethernet Card: Intel i225-V

I hope anyone can help me :)

Grz from Jerry
this is a must:

Back