Contribute
Register

Uninstalled Nvidia Web Drivers, Now Stuck on Apple Loading Screen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68-UD3H-B3
CPU
Intel i7 2600k @ 4.5
Graphics
EVGA GTX 780
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey y'all,

Recently picked up a EVGA GTX 780, understanding that it had some risks involved but I do a lot of gaming and everything I read about didn't seem like it would hurt my Hack workflow very much (10.8.3).

Anyway, got it installed fine on PC and mac (somewhat, little things were occurring in osx that I wasn't concerned with sorting out immediately, mainly with my dual monitors) and was looking into enabling CUDA for CS6.

To begin, when I first booted with the 780, and since then, the boot is so sloooowwww. It hangs on the Mobo screen ("American MicroTrends") and does not let me access the BIOS AT ALL. This is a whole other story, something I'd like to sort out. It hangs on that screen for a solid minute and then boots normally, maybe a little slower, but my boottimes were sub 10 seconds using my SSD for osx so that is a little concerning but I can be patient.

NOW this is where my tale goes awry...Looking into enabling the CUDA support for CS6, I came across many posts just saying to stick with the default drivers and forget the web drivers since the caused some issues here and there....So what was the first thing I did when I got home from work tonight? Uninstall the web drivers using Nvidia's uninstall option in the pref pane....Upon reboot....Nothing...I'm stuck on the Apple logo screen, wheel stops spinning...tried -x...wheel also stops spinning.

This is pretty upsetting and frustrating. I guess I can always do a fresh install this weekend but that would really set me back.

Any advice? Tips? Insight?

Thanks so much for anything!

P.S. Im hoping to compile some pictures of the -v boot and some other info when I can after work tomorrow. Its going to be hard going to sleep knowing my computer is in this state :(

Update: Although I never found any solutions to this exact problem (other than assuming I shouldn't have uninstalled the Web Drivers), I luckily had done a clone of my stable boot drive and just restore it. I got the GTX 780 working with the drivers as before and will not mess with them until further information or updates arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back