Contribute
Register

Unified AppleIntelFramebufferCapri for Ivy ProBooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really better, just a different way to do the same thing.

Does it still requires a patched AppleHDA?
How to get the right HDEFLayoutID for my codec?
I have some unusual ALC889 that i'm having troubles to get working properly.

Does it still requires a patched AppleHDA?
How to get the right HDEFLayoutID for my codec?
I have some unusual ALC889 that i'm having troubles to get working properly.

What laptop are you asking about? If it is 4x40s, all this stuff is done in the ProBook Installer... But ProBook definitely doesn't have ALC889, so I'm a bit confused, given you're posting in the ProBook ML forum?!

Can anyone confirm that the patches from post 1 work on 10.8.5's AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext? There are already two reports of non-working HDMI audio on 4x40s.

offtopic: wow, 1004 posts!!!

Can anyone confirm that the patches from post 1 work on 10.8.5's AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext? There are already two reports of non-working HDMI audio on 4x40s.

+1. Would be nice to know where we stand on this for 10.8.5...

Congratulations on breaking 1000.

I think the issue with the patch not working in the ProBook Installer 6.1.4 is that only the high-res capri patch is included. I think the idea is/was to use all three patches to create a single universal capri kext.

Each patch patches a different connector configuration (01660009, 01660003, and 01660004).

The ProBook Installer has only the last connector patch (01660004).

I think the issue with the patch not working in the ProBook Installer 6.1.4 is that only the high-res capri patch is included. I think the idea is/was to use all three patches to create a single universal capri kext.

Each patch patches a different connector configuration (01660009, 01660003, and 01660004).

The ProBook Installer has only the last connector patch (01660004).

Yeah, but I 've asked kpkp before about the patch, used on the previously included pre-patched kext and he told me it was especially that one, so I included it in the script. Maybe indeed an additional tests are are required for all these patches.

First of all, lets lock this thread and continue HERE. In the thread we are posting now is mostly old stuff that lead to the "final" script found in the linked thread (after not checking this stuff for some time even I got confused, I confess).

I just updated to 10.8.5, run the script in the linked thread and all works as before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back